Hi. Theatre set builder here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haxstir

Reaction score
Hi everybody

So not a carpenter really. Built film and tv sets mostly so as long as it safe and lasts the length of the production that's about it.

Looking forward to a small build in Wales, mobile home size as a writing shack retreat.

Hi and welcome , I vaguely recall building set screens in drama Just a few back ( he lies ) 2x1 , half lap joints and shed loads of hessian and a staple gun ,, the only part of drama class I actually enjoyed.. 👍👍

I managed to avoid the boring 8x4 flats by the thousand that others did, thank goodness. Most of the theatre builds were like meccano sets more than anything. Worked in the Royal Opera House for a few years. Film and tv a bit more interesting though. Different mindset altogether.

I also spent my formative woodworking years building scenery. Flats held at the corners with wriggle pins (corrugated nails), covered with hardboard triangles glued and pinned in place. Canvas stretched and stapled and then glued. Happy days.

Hi, never done sets but made some furniture for films and stage my two sons both worked at the BBC on sets for a time

Latest posts

Back