Strange

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alg

Reaction score
Any other members find it strange that the Royal Mint do not know exactly how many undated 20 pence pieces they issued.Surely the presses loaded with the wrong dies must be fitted with counters.Happy New Year

And here's another strange item.

Listening to, I believe, the Director of Communications or other from the National Grid (gas) on R4 talking about whether or not we had enough days of reserve as a country, he said talking about recent consumption levels that 'We will know for sure in a couple of days time when all the figures are in'. :shock: Don't they have computers or real-time monitoring?

Ooops..sorry..we just ran out of gas as the figures were late.

jlawrence":7g6j3sux said:
They may well have, but they may not know what all the various differing gas companies have in reserve.

Isn't even that a little worrying given that he is representing the organisation that is asking industry to cut back because of demand? How do they know that they will run out/low unless they have all the information? Is that a finger in the air, I see before me?

Back