Festool OF2200 router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody got one? How would you rate it? What's the d/x like?

TIA

Cheers

Karl

There are members who have em and rate em.

I understand the DX to be good.

The Festool rep demonstrated one in my workshop and the dust extraction was very good. The router overall is superb. I presently have the big Makita which will be getting offered on here as soon as funds permit the purchase of its (very expensive :( ) replacement

This Makita?, I have one of these and think it's awesome; good dust extraction, great light and very easy to control whilst still being comfortable. The Festool one must be 'something else'! (and yes I've been told about their superior dust extraction, I just don't like the green colour they use! :lol:)

_Dan.

they are real nice to use compared to the trend t10 i sometimes use

dust extraction is good, with my ctl mini, on worktops i recon its about 60-70%, it dont collect every bit

Simlar spec Erbauer at £100 seems to get surprised rave reviews all over the place. Some objections to weight (but it is lighter than the festool) and the fact that fence has to be removed to fit it back in it's box.
Just think how you could spend the £500 price difference!

PS the difference is more like £700 - the festool fence accessories are extras!!!

Or if you are desperate to spend your cash what about the Makita? You don't save so much - it is only £400 cheaper.

Jacob":1zv0gf5w said:
Simlar spec Erbauer at £100 seems to get surprised rave reviews all over the place. Some objections to weight (but it is lighter than the festool) and the fact that fence has to be removed to fit it back in it's box.
Just think how you could spend the £500 price difference!

PS the difference is more like £700 - the festool fence accessories are extras!!!

Or if you are desperate to spend your cash what about the Makita? You don't save so much - it is only £400 cheaper.

You compare Erbauer to Festool. :shock: Screwfix cheap brand with a quality tool. :lol:

The Festool comes with a fence and fine adjuster for less than £450.

Where do you get the £700 price difference from?

Different machine. Festool OF2200 router comes in at £600+ plus £200+ for the accessories including the fence. Result of quick google. Could be wrong, but it's ferkin expensive however you look at it!

PS and the little Festool OF 1400 is £350 more than the bigger Erbauer!

Oooops so he was. :oops:

Still the Screwfix $h1t ain't in the same league.

There will always be people who seek the very best :D
there will always be people who seek the very cheapest. :cry:
Moral of the tale
They will never own the same tools :wink:

Alan Jones":5lzcirjz said:
There will always be people who seek the very best :D
there will always be people who seek the very cheapest. :cry:
Moral of the tale
They will never own the same tools :wink:
I think most of us are after usable tools which are best value for money. This can sometimes be the cheapest and sometimes the most expensive. More often something in between.

Jacob":2qgmlc14 said:
I think most of us are after usable tools which are best value for money. This can sometimes be the cheapest and sometimes the most expensive. More often something in between.
I enjoy using my OF1400.
I hated using the big Axminster router I owned before that.
The OF1400 is worth every penny to me just for that. :)

Back