Detailed Robert Sorby Pro Edge Gouge Sharpening Leaflet (PDF Attached)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe.B14

Reaction score
Hiya all,

For anyone who uses the Robert Sorby Pro Edge, I found this a while back and thought it may be helpful for some šŸ™‚

Itā€™s an official Sorby leaflet, with detailed help guides on using the fingernail & long grind jigs.

Iā€™ve also attached a PDF version for anyone who wishes to print for their workshed/shops
:)

Pics of each leaflet page:

PDF Version:
Robert Sorby Fingernail Leaflet v7 2.pdf (362.45 KB)

Guests do not have access to download attachments. Please log in and try again. šŸ˜Ÿ
Ahh I didnā€™t think about that :unsure: Umm are guests able to view the images? They are images of the same three pages, so they could download or screenshot those?

Unless anyone know of a different way?

When I click on the image I get the " Guests do not have access to download attachments. Please log in and try again."
Oh no! This forum must have a setup that only member can view media attachments then. I canā€™t seem too see another way of sharing it on here, sorry šŸ˜”

Itā€™s a good guide, it was posted here a long time (thatā€™s how I got it). It should really be provided with the pro edge, Iā€™ve had 2 here (one was mine and other was nephews). Both came with a pretty basic instruction manual.
If it is on the Sorby site, it must be well hidden as Iā€™ve never seen it.
Either that or Iā€™m completely numb (could be either tbh)

Itā€™s a good guide, it was posted here a long time (thatā€™s how I got it). It should really be provided with the pro edge, Iā€™ve had 2 here (one was mine and other was nephews). Both came with a pretty basic instruction manual.
If it is on the Sorby site, it must be well hidden as Iā€™ve never seen it.
Either that or Iā€™m completely numb (could be either tbh)
Totally agree! The pro edge is a brilliant piece of kit, but this would help every user I think.

I was really pleased when I stumbled across the YouTube video where the leaflet was mentioned. Luckily they put a copy of it in the description. (Unfortunately I canā€™t remember the video) However Iā€™m happy I did create a copy, as I too have been unable to find it anywhere online.

Found the thread where I got the leaflet. Only last yearā€¦thought Iā€™d had it longer than that. The images are big enough to read easily.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sorby-proset-measurements.141706/

Donā€™t mean to hijack/belittle your thread mate. Even though I donā€™t have a pro edge anymore, I appreciate you posting the info here and Iā€™m sure many others do

Found the thread where I got the leaflet. Only last yearā€¦thought Iā€™d had it longer than that. The images are big enough to read easily.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/sorby-proset-measurements.141706/

Donā€™t mean to hijack/belittle your thread mate. Even though I donā€™t have a pro edge anymore, I appreciate you posting the info here and Iā€™m sure many others do
Ohhh yeah. Wow Iā€™ve searched high and low for another copy haha šŸ˜…

Honestly itā€™s no worries at all mate, Iā€™m just glad itā€™s out there.

Hopefully this PDF version will be slightly better for printing šŸ˜Š

Files attached:
Robert Sorby Fingernail leaflet
2024 Proedge Instructions

Attachments

• Robert Sorby Fingernail Leaflet v7 2.pdf
    362.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024-PROEDGE-INSTRUCTIONS-WEB.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0
Blister, you have misunderstood. The message was from the Robert Sorby forum not ukworkshop.
It's fairly standard to have to log in to a forum to use it's facilities rather than just read the posts.

Latest posts

Back