Axminster Trade Series SBW4300B Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache_sim

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience of this Bandsaw, I have found a post dating back to 2004 and I assume there would have been a number of improvements since then. I am looking to replace a Record Power BS350.

Thanks

more recent than that, but not bang up to date. Mine is from when it was axminster plus- 2007ish?

very good saw though.

I've just brought the BS350 and couldn't be happier! I know you didn't ask for an opinion from that side of the fence but if I was you, I'd give it some more consideration

J

Compare it to the Record BS400. When I looked and several others looked at this Axi machine, the Record BS400 and the Hammer N4400 most chose the Record. Price (especially if bought at a show) and the fact that the Record runs of a 13A plug swayed me. The only downside I have with the Record is the small dust extraction under the table is inadequate.

my axi runs off a 13a supply too.

I have never looked at the others, so can't comment on how they compare. other than on price, i don't know how a bandsaw can be better than another. mine is solid, cuts accurately and has a good capacity. probably much the same as the others.

PAC1":18caj3gn said:
Compare it to the Record BS400. When I looked and several others looked at this Axi machine, the Record BS400 and the Hammer N4400 most chose the Record. Price (especially if bought at a show) and the fact that the Record runs of a 13A plug swayed me. The only downside I have with the Record is the small dust extraction under the table is inadequate.

Regarding the dust extraction, having just purchased the new Axminster Trade Ex16 scrollsaw, the system they adopt for extraction is very good.
REview 9.jpg

Something similar could possibly be made for the BS400 with allowing access for the blade entry and it's something I may be looking at soon. However, with a good extractor, I find that extraction is not too bad at all

Malcolm

Attachments

• REview 9.jpg
    REview 9.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,217
Back