Zebrano Pot pourri bowls and trinket box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turn It In

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
While we were discussing the finial "to be or not to be" on the tulip wood box I also turned these Zebrano bowls and trinket box earlier in the week and have now had the chance to get the pictures on the forum. Firstly two different style pot pourri bowls and a metal lidded trinket box.
Picture056.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

All comments welcome
Regards,
Ian

Zebrawood never fails to impress me ! Lovely stuff.. and oddly enough, i Like the smell, whereas some people say its like dog-piddle !

Nice pot-pourri bowls Ian .... I think my favourite is the the one on his own in the 4th pic .... the shape is 'just right' on that one in particular !

Very good.... they'll go down well with friends and family, I would imagine !

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I like those a lot. Of the 2 pot pourri bowls I think I prefer the one on the right - don't know why the shape just seems more flowing.

The box is even better though, love the figuring on the wood too.

Can I ask where you get the lids for both from?
Cheers, JD

Hi JD,
The lids are from Craft Supplies, the two larger ones are pewter the trinket box lid is solid. All made in taiwan. The pewter lids are notorious for not being flat and do not try to flatten them as they crack very easily as I found out the first time I tried!!! If they are not flat don't buy them.
Hi Alun, Pleased you like the bowls, yes I love Zebrano it does have a super grain and an unusual smell but lovely when finished.
Regards,
Ian

Very nice,Ian :D
Same as Alun,the last one is my favourite;of the other two,I find the straight-sides most appealing for some reason.
And yes,it's got a smell all of its own,hasn't it :lol:

Andrew

Useful little projects Ian, I think it's safe to say you like expressive wood, the differing shapes offer a preference choice to prospective recipients.

Hi Andrew, Dalboy and Chas,
I quite agree Chas I do like expressive timbers and have the habit of spending too much when I visit one of the supply emporiums.
Thanks DB i certainly will keep trying to keep the work good.
Andrew I'm pleased you like the more angular bowl. I had completed the curved trinket bowl and the large curved pot pourri bowl and wondered what this one would look like with angular straight side. (Can't think of a better way to explain it) I liked the look of the bowl so did not continue to round it off.
Regards,
Ian

Oh i love those !

The one with the brass rim is my favourate.

Very nice Ian !

Back