Your experience with either the Triton MOF001 or TRA001 router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Incra plate is the one i have too, with the cleansweep inserts and box. Haven't been able to use as intended yet as I'm trying to decide on a HVLP dust collector for it. At the moment I'm using 2 Festool CT extractors.

The Incra plate is lovely, if you're interested, Wood workers workshop recently told me they have a delivery from Incra due in 2nd - 3rd week of March.

That Incra plate is the one i have too, with the cleansweep inserts and box. Haven't been able to use as intended yet as I'm trying to decide on a HVLP dust collector for it. At the moment I'm using 2 Festool CT extractors.

The Incra plate is lovely, if you're interested, Wood workers workshop recently told me they have a delivery from Incra due in 2nd - 3rd week of March.
thanks

I have a TRA001 in an AUKTools benchtop mini table (from Woodworkers Workshop, but seems to be discontinued now. Looks identical to the Rutlands one with different branding Premium Bench Top Router Table | Next Day Delivery). This table has a front-mounted switch, so you don't need to fumble around for the switch on the router itself – I can imagine it'd be super annoying and a little unsafe without such a switch. I bought the router ex-demo last year for about £160, and it looked basically brand new; I thought this was a good price. I leave this router permanently installed in the table, and have a smaller 1/4" router I use for everything else.

Overall I've been happy with it and agree with much of what the other commenters here have written – a little plasticy and feels imprecise, but having said that, I've always been able to dial it in within about 0.05mm of where I want it and it stays there when locked down. Runs fairly smoothly (when using well balanced cutters), I like the soft start, and it seems to have plenty of power, never having bogged down even on very deep passes. The interlock between the power switch and the spindle lock is annoying and catches me out each time I set it up again after not using it for a while. Even though the top accessed lift adjustment works well enough, I find it easier and faster to just reach underneath the table and adjust using the coarse and fine height controls on the router itself, esp. seeing as you have to reach under the table anyway to set the height lock or adjust the speed.

i have a TRA00 MOF001 and a JOF001 and I am very happy with all of them. As on previous posts I have waxed lyrical about all 3. If you are doing properly heavy duty stuff free hand then the TRA is for you, otherwise it is best left in a table setup due to being very tiring to use free hand for a long time. The MOF is perfect balance between lots of general free hand stuff and is superb in a table as well. The JOF is great for light duty trimming as well as some of the heavier work you would probably do onsite. All have the ability to be height adjustable from above the table and for site work this can be very handy if using the MOF or JOF. Just drill a few holes in a plank/board and hey presto adjustable router table. Some people find the power cut off a PITA but it can be worked around and a how to is on this site. Oh and they all can take the full collet range 1/4" 1/2" 6 and 8mm

hth

I have a fairly old contractor-style table saw that came with a crude bracket system for mounting a router in the left-wing. Has worked perfectly with the Triton for the past three years.

I had to drill my own access hole for the above table adjustment but apart from that, it was not too much trouble to fit. I have been very happy with the adjustment and locking mechanism.

Router Table Top.jpg
Router Body.jpg

I have been thinking about adding a digital readout for height to make setting things up a simpler task. Something like the igaging or wixey products:

1615296970974.png

Last edited:
So I have now bought the Triton tra001 and the Kreg insert plate.

Very happy with both purchases.
Just need to upgrade the crappy fence. Will probably make one.

IMG-20210303-WA0000.jpeg

Back