Your best books of 2007 so far.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Since the HP debate seems to be quite popular, and there are few mentioned of various authors/books, I thought it might be nice to collate a few of peoples favourites that they have read this year (or recently)

My own favourites are (In no particular order)

Interpretation of murder - Jed Rubenfeld
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Sacred Stone - Clive Cussler
Atlantis - David Gibbins

Other notable good reads:

The last templar - raymond Khoury
The labyrinth - kate mosse
Secret of the Temple: Pual Sussman

Not had any time so far but off on holiday tomorrow so plenty of time to catch up on the reading. :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Simon Scarrow - The Emperor series

Charles Dickens- Great Expectations re-read

F.Scott fitzgerald- The Great Gatsby

Matthew Reilly- Temple-
Area 7- Ice Station ( pure boys own- for adults :) ) read them in order

Michael Rollins- Fantasy fiction that's almost believable

Paulo Coehlo- The alchemist(brilliant)- Veronika decides to die(hmm)

The last Messiah by ?( Grail- Templars- Masons) non fiction

Just looked at that list and decided I need to see a psychiatrist

Dom

DomValente":6qfjv5mg said:
Matthew Reilly- Temple-
Area 7- Ice Station ( pure boys own- for adults :) ) read them in order

Dom

There is also another one in this series called Scarecrow for another great all action boys read :)

I read all those earier in the year. Currently reading Babylon 5 books.

Harry Potter and
Deathly Hallows.
Even though not read yet it will probably be the only book i'll read this year.Can't wait :D
Paul.J.

absolutely anything by

raymond e feist
robin hobb
terry brooks
Salvatore
Terry Pratchett

Having only read two novels so far this year (except HP stories), my favourite to date is a rather light read, Quentins by Maeve Binchy. The alternative was Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Berniere, a novelist who I suspect has found inspiration in the works of Virginia Woolf and George Eliot :roll:.

I must catch up on my reading over the summer!

Gill

In no particular order;

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Everyman - Philip Roth
The Lay of the Land - Richard Ford
No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy.
I am Legend - Richard Matheson

Next on the pile The Road - McCarthy followed by A Thousand Splendid suns (Khaled Hosseini)

Cheers Mike

the emperor series by Conn Iggulden about Julius Caesar a good bit of historical fiction

The Gates of Rome
The Death of Kings
The Field of Swords
The Gods of War

Hmmm, just this year - no order other than that which I can remeber them now......

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
A short history of almost everything - Bill Bryon
Five people you meet in Heaven - Mitch Albon
Set in Darkness - Ian Rankin
The fifth Elephant - Terry Pratchett
The Falls - Ian Rankin
Conned again Watson - Colin Bruce
The Path - Chet Raymo
A basketful of Snowflakes - Peter Kerr
Paella to porridge - Peter Kerr
Almost French - Sarah Turnbull

The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Most of Terry Pratchetts back catalogue
Alot of Ian Rankin
Michael Connoley's Harry Bosch Detective Novels

I have since learnt to doze on the train to work so will be cutting down on my reading for the future!

Steve.

I've been reading steadily all year and have just developed a total blank on what the Hell I've read! ](*,) (homer)

The only ones I can remember are:

Brian Johnston - A delicious slice of Johnners
Alan Moore - Watchmen

Erm... if my brain starts working anytime soon I'll update my list. :oops:

V.

Agree with Tony on 'The Kite Runner', an amazing book, although I have to say I find Paulo Coelho rather boring with a very simple writing style - probably good for the beach though.

Best value book I read this year is the Clymer Workshop Manual for my BMW R1100 -- just saved me over £400 on a major service when I did it myself. :lol:

One I really enjoyed - To the elephant Graveyard, by Tarquin Hall. Fascinating study of elephants in India instead of the usual African stories.

The Seventh Scroll - EXCELLENT book, full of action and adventure, and deff a book I found hard to put down.

I was VERY surprized at the amouth of "Explicit" content of the book, its really very graphic in its descriptions.

I bought Harry Porrter to read on the plane to Poland when I went on holiday 2 weeks ago and its still sat in my flight bag!

I really like classic literature, you can buy them for 99p from waterstones, I think thats amazing value.

Its actually this love of reading that has gotten me started in woodworking, I want to build a bookcase to match my current furniature, and just couldnt find one anywhere!

It seems every shop sells the same cheap flatpack, you cannot buy good furniature anymore!

Latest posts

Back