Young tawny owls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
We were watching TV last night, just after 10pm, when there was a small tump on the window. When I got up to investigate I saw a very bewildered young tawny owl sitting inside the Versaille tub. It soon recovered and hopped up onto the edge of the tub.

Tawny_owl_2_opt.jpg

The picture was taken on time exposure as I didn't want the flash to scare them away hence the rather poor quality.

The owl then hopped up onto a post and you could very clearly see its' fledging feathers.

Tawny-owl-opt.jpg

I say 'they' as just then its sibling landed in the apple tree and in this shot you can just see the two of them.

Two_tawnie_owls_opt.jpg

They remained there for about 5 minutes and we felt rather privileged to be able to watch these beautiful birds in the wild at such a close distance. Totally amazing to see the owl rotate its head through almost 360 degrees!

We're just hoping that they will nest and breed nearby.

Roger

Despite the problems you had photographing the birds, the pictures are still well worth seeing. Thanks for sharing them with us, Roger.

Perhaps the owls will make regular appearances at your home in the future - let's hope so :) .

Gill

Nice photos
So an owl flies into a window that makes him a bit of a twit and he has a sibling so we therefore have twit two

Andy

Nice pics. Great to have the wildlife so close.
Seen from my study window.
Below is a pic of a Crested Barbit, who eats fruit.
This is Rhus Lancea tree with termites going up the bark.
The Barbit is clutching onto the bark and eating the termites!
Change of diet?? :D :D

jacopaul-Barbet1.JPG

Latest posts

Back