Young carpenter of the year

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the makers of the 'Young **Jolly Amusing Working Class Tradesman Chappie** of the Year' series being entered into the equivalent for TV productions? My guess is they would be dropped after the 'Duck Floating House' round!

PMK54":1d1pey31 said:
How about the makers of the 'Young **Jolly Amusing Working Class Tradesman Chappie** of the Year' series being entered into the equivalent for TV productions? My guess is they would be dropped after the 'Duck Floating House' round!

Trouble is, there are too few competent people left in the industry to make a judging panel, and don't forget, too, that this was commissioned by the BBC... sarcasm completely fails me at this point (about them, not you!).

We could make our own series, say about wine, where chateaux are ranked according to how pretty they are, how quickly you can open the bottles and how fast each gets you drunk. The tragedy is that one of the broadcasters would probably buy it.

Sigh.

E.

As a competition I thought it was very shallow and superficial. The times as stated above were ridiculous.

I would have liked to see the 'experts' complete those tasks in the time allowed.

regards

Brian

Back