You will be assimilated

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh heh. I saw that myself. All it needs is a quick bite of a pasty and the whole plan will become clear... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Who really must make one of those vices herself one of these days :oops:

Alf":3h5iz9d0 said:
Heh heh. I saw that myself. All it needs is a quick bite of a pasty and the whole plan will become clear... :roll:

Ummm, should that have been pastry or does "pasty" have a different meaning in Cornwall than it does in the cornfields of Kansas? :lol:

Roger,
Who doesn't know how a pastry or pasty would help with shapening saws but sure needs to build a better saw vise.

Pasty, Roger, definitely pasty. No mining in Kansas then? Otherwise you could yell "Jack" down any hole you come across and a Cornishman would pop out to explain. Lots of links:
Dubious History of the Cornish Pasty
A Dubious Recipe (how can you trust a site that suggests scones as the basis of a cream tea?! Splits, man. Splits!)
One of the 17 million "proper" pasty shops in Cornwall. Ignore them. Rowes or Blewetts are probably your best bet.
What you can achieve on a diet of pasties :shock:

Cheers, Alf

OK, I've added to my vocabulary :lol: .
I knew of only the first and ummm..last :oops: definitions in this text.

Roger
Who is going back to sharpening saws now.

Isn't there a decent pastie shop in Padstow? Not that I'd be seen dead in one......And Splits are rolls, as in a hot dog type of roll? Are they not?

Rgds

Noel, whose rather glad of the Irish Sea....

Good lord, Roger. :shock: You're not the only one broadening their vocabulary! :roll:

Noel, gosh, well done. :D Splits are indeed a type of roll, but small and round rather than long like a hot dog type, and slightly sweet. There are probably about 200 pasty shops in Padstow, but to get the real thing you're better off going to a local baker instead; that's where the locals buy them. :wink:

Hmm, feeling a bit peckish now...

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Wasn't there a topic round here somewhere...? :oops:

Back