You can never have enough clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Clamping up this laminated chair leg really made me smile, 30 clamps just for one leg, it's a good job I have access to many at the course workshop!

100_1548.JPG

This is the start of my latest, post TV cabinet, project:

David Savage's Love Chair 4
http://croeso.typepad.com/photos/furniture_making_love_cha/index.html

Good for you Andy - it looks to be a very ambitious project. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I too have used a lot of clamps for laminating but I always wonder how I might have got on with Tage Frid's method of using strips of inner tube wound round the plies and the former - a lot cheaper!

Andy, you know no fear! :shock: Keep us posted on your progress; really interested to see how you get on.

Cheers, Alf

Nice one Andy,

I think you can always prove this old adage when you're finished clamping and realise you've used about half a dozen different types of clamps.

I once had a project where I'd used all my G and F clamps so ended up throwing in a couple of sash clamps to finish off, looked like a right bodge 'til I removed the clamps. :?

cheers
Mitch

The joints on this project are already making me sleep less at night.

Mind you Alf it all started with what can I do with my new spokeshave? So watch out!
I have a copy though of the 4/5 write ups David did in GoodWoodworking on these chairs, with loads of project in progress photos - so we are all pouring over them to spot how they did it and guess at dimesions and angles.

I regularly post the pictures (every week to my photo album) and no doubt if I get stuck I'll post to the learned company of UK Workshop!
http://croeso.typepad.com/photos/furniture_making_love_cha/index.html

Keep you all posted

Latest posts

Back