You are welcome they said...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Some Bl***y warm welcome this is:
DSC01105.JPG

DSC01106.JPG

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01108.JPG

Happy Xmas from Meilenhofen.

Hi Frank,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's been lovely and sunny and quite warm here today - I've been in the garden in shirtsleeves doing some pruning. Certainly a magical scene Chas. has found over there, though.

Cheers,

Trev.

Started off yesterday with good clear drive as far as Bonn (-8C at home)
Got up this morning and Di mentioned to hotel guest that it was her turn to drive but it usually snowed when she drove.
Came out of front door with luggage to a greeting of large flakes and said guest stuck with flat battery and passing a few comments about Di and her driving timing, so did good samaritan bit and jump started him and went back up to room to give her good news.
5 hrs of sleet, snow, fog, blizzards sees us leaving autobahn for last 5 kilometers of minor road with road surface clear, whilst unpacking car snow hit hard so took pictures as I carried camera indoors, 50mm fell within next 15 min.

Guess where the car is staying if I have my way.

Wouldn't it be terrible if that dreadful weather meant you found yourself with nothing to do for the next couple of weeks except lie before a fire with your family, eating wurst and salami washed down with gluhwein?

Oh, you poor old soul :^o .

;)

Gill :deer

Aww, Chas, cheer up. You're bringing Christmas cheer to a little kiddie just by being there - how festive is that? :ho2 Hope you've got your hat with you...

Happy Christmas to you and Di. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":a7z2hffp said:
Aww, Chas, cheer up. You're bringing Christmas cheer to a little kiddie just by being there - how festive is that? :ho2 Hope you've got your hat with you...

Happy Christmas to you and Di. :D

Cheers, Alf
They have already done a stocktake of the extra parcels under the tree Alf.
'The' Hat is on it's way to Lapland, on the basis that the other half of the family needed it more on their trip. I have a more utilitarian version which is about to be put through it's paces whilst we go and browse the boy toys in the local tool suppliers. (Di thinks we are going to the supermarket) Was thinking of calling at the wood yard to look for thin baltic birch ply but have gone off a certain person just lately.

Sorry Chas - I was just trying to make light of the situation. I didn't realise you were genuinely unhappy with the weather - I thought you were telling us about the wonderful Christmas card weather you were enjoying whilst the rest of us have to put up with the British leaden skies and drizzle.

Whenever I see snow, I regress to 7 years of age. I'm usually the first one out making angels in the snow and rolling down hills (on a dustbin lid or tea tray :oops: ). Strange as it might sound, I really do envy your misfortune.

Gill

Gill":17dszhw4 said:
Whenever I see snow, I regress to 7 years of age. I'm usually the first one out ............ and rolling down hills (on a dustbin lid or tea tray :oops: ).

:shock: Now I would really, really like to see that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

Remembering who owns the bunker prevents me from passing any observations about size of dustbin lids required Trevor:twisted:

OK OK it is picturesque I must admit and the force feeding of xmas goodies and beverages is starting to soften the experience. (And looking out at the hill in the village did bring forth a flash of an amusing image)

Gill, first looks at ply are not encouraging as far as DIY type supplies. Loads of 3mm poplar (don't know how well that would cut) and thinnest birch is 4mm. non of it cheap though 7 & 11 euros sq mtr. respectively cut to size (should be cheaper by the sheet).
Will check out timber merchants when I have more idea as to what to ask for to be specifically scrollsaw friendly. We are not far from the CZ border production area you are keen to visit but can't see us getting there this time of year.

Trev - you haven't seen my big day-glo orange tea tray 8) !

Chas - please don't go to any trouble finding thin plywood on my behalf. Whilst I appreciate your efforts, it's more important to me that you should have a good time with your family and enjoy Christmas.

Gill

No real problem Gill, just another excuse to visit all the boy toy :tool: shops, helps balance the festive goodies drooling over the next few days and post xmas sales that I will have to show an interest in soon.

Lads have been out on the local sledge run this evening, how come kids can't get enough of it despite returning looking like beetroots with the cold, but ask them to pop out to the dustbin 10 mins. later and the weather is to bad to open the door :!:

:D Gill don’t know if this would be of any good to you but I use to make model airplanes (still do some times ) but i use to use product called liteply for the fuselage sides this was between 2-6 mm thick and use to come in deferent sizes i use to get it 4'*1' ft old money I use to cut them out on an old hobby scroll saw winds etc most good moble shops have it but it wasn’t cheap

martyn

Aye, Martyn, there's the rub - although aircraft ply is available in model shops (and from Hobbies of Dereham) it's prohibitively expensive. Yet it needn't be so, because thin plywood is much cheaper in the USA.

Gill

:D tell me about it when i was in the Air force i use to travel to the USA alot then i picked up all my models and bits a lot lower than UK

martyn

Latest posts

Back