You’d think postage would be included

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much a plane to use - as a plane to buy and sell. Which reflects the punchline of the old joke-'These aren't eating potatoes,- these are buying and selling potatoes' It's only worth what someone will actually pay. Until you've hooked your Mug, its all 'Pie in the sky' . Which leads to the question - 'Would anyone purchase such a high value item off Ebay?

More likely the seller simply forgot to put a dot before the last two zeros.

Whether this now makes it bargain of the year is debatable.

You do see a lot of chancers on Ebay, blatantly selling items for way over market value and I presume there has to be a buyer otherwise a pointless exercise.

Perhaps someone will offer £40,000 and think they have got a bargain by saving £5,000! This is the same mentality as gamblers, they are over the moon when they win say £25 but don't take into account it has actually cost them £100 in bets to get it.

The fact that Hermes has changed its name to Evri, in four different fonts, tells you everything you need to know.

It is like the airline in the States that was called Allegheny Airlines; fliers used to call it Agony Airlines because of it poor timekeeping and old planes. So they changed their name to US Airlines, and fliers then referred to it as Useless Airlines.

Changing a name does not cause a leopard to change its spots.

I ordered a vinyl record from a shop in Glasgow, destination Oxford. It came via Hermes. Its 6 week glacial journey worked out as it being quicker for me to have walked to Glasgow, collected it and walked back - a whole lot quicker than Hermes delivered it.

Craig

The fact that Hermes has changed its name to Evri, in four different fonts, tells you everything you need to know.

It is like the airline in the States that was called Allegheny Airlines; fliers used to call it Agony Airlines because of it poor timekeeping and old planes. So they changed their name to US Airlines, and fliers then referred to it as Useless Airlines.

Changing a name does not cause a leopard to change its spots.

I ordered a vinyl record from a shop in Glasgow, destination Oxford. It came via Hermes. Its 6 week glacial journey worked out as it being quicker for me to have walked to Glasgow, collected it and walked back - a whole lot quicker than Hermes delivered it.

Craig
It's that Black Hole that Hermes/Evri has where stuff goes walk-about for a while, but as soon as you stir up Evri they miraculously find it & deliver.

I have two packages waiting collection from Hermes, only been three months, they may arrive, I can understand them wanting to distance themselves and call themselves Evri, but its the ethos of the company that needs a change not just its name.

Back