Yew vase finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Finished at last I have given the outside a Teak oil finish and sprayed the inside black and put a flower vase inside as my wife wants to use it for fresh flowers it ended up being 12" tall x 8" wide at the top and to be honest it took all my strength to finish it but boy was it worth it LOL all comments welcome

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 942
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 942
Super finish what !

Very nice, larger than i thought when i opened the image. The sapwood almost looks painted on !

That certainly has character, glad you persevered with it, another fine piece of work showing off natures beauty.

Wow,thats almost as big as me dust bin. :lol:

What a beauty ,stunning finish magnificent piece of wood love it.

Jonzjob":29wem4xr said:
That is a lovely vase, but I am sorry but I really don't see the point of painting the inside black? Wasn't it just as lovely as the outside?

A lovely bit of turning and finishing and quite difficult too with the holes, but , for me, not the inside..

Hi thank you for your comment normally I would agree with you but the reason I painted the inside black was to separate it from the outside when you are looking through the hole and define the shape of the hole with no distractions of wood the same color also it helps show of the hole at the back

Thank you for your reasoning Woody. It isn't possible to judge properly until you hold it and see it properly. I'm sure that you have got it right!

At times it may be a problem, but I love to see wood as wood and hate to see it 'plasticesed'.

You have a vase to be proud of mate!!!

I think that the most difficult bowl I have turned was a piece of elm with a dammed great hole in one side. It finished as a lovely bowl, but the sweat and tears????????

Cracking vase that Woody, a lovely piece of timber rightly done justice too. :)

I am overwhelmed with all the interest this vase has created and all your kind comments thank you all so very much it makes all that hard work worth while I have another one of these logs about the same size and I'm considering making a flared natural edge vase with it

Latest posts

Back