Yet another picture test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnboy":2xspuk7f said:
f86bc54d.jpg

Not for me, all I see is a "red-X" - try refreshing your browser and see if the picture is still there?

Adam

If I try and view the link directly I get the following messages

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid119/p2cd1fc4326f1c4e57dd7e7629cd740a0/f86bc54d.jpg on this server."

Are you a paid-up subscriber? Is direct linking allowed?

Adam

Works for me on original post. Two very nice benches and a side table.
f86bc54d.jpg

Rgds

Noel

Think I have got it now. I thought I had linked to the album but had got it wrong somehow. Can everyone see this ok.

johnboy

I wonder if your membership level only allows you to post pictures but not direct link to them.

I have to admit, I don't use imagestation, I found www.pbase.com a lot more "user-friendly" - perhaps I need to modify my original picture posting.

In the meantime, can you tell us a bit more about if you are a member - is that a "free" member or a "paid-up" member?

Also, is the picture within an album, or a "link" to an album picture?

Adam

John,

As mentioned I had no problem seeing the image in your original post. Now I know nothing about posting pictures, as previous posts will attest to, but is the reason I can see it because I'm already signed up to Imagestation? Just a thought.
Incidentially seem to recall I had problems direct linking with imagestation.Now use uploadit and PBase.

Rgds

Noel

I think what happens, (after a bit of pondering) is that once you join, it lets you into album, and you look around and the pictures are cached onto your PC. When you return to this site, the cached pictures are still visible even when looking at the posting.

Unfortunately, for the everyone else, who hasn't joined and specifically looked around the direct links don't work.

Id suggest investigating the membership options and upgrading to the option that allows direct linking.

Alternatively, www.pbase.com allows direct linking but it's paid for, or this site gallery can be direct linked to, or Waterhead has kindly offered space that can be direct linked to. How's that for options!

Adam

I guess I will join pbase and pay the fee. No such thing as free lunch!!

Thanks for all the help, I will try again tomorrow.

John

Free lunch here!!!

Another one to use is http://www.netscape.com

From the list on the left choose Community then in the middle of the page under My Webpage choose File Manager

Direct link is http://mywebpage.netscape.com/

Free signup via email address, then you can have a max of 20 megs storage for pics, etc. Only thing is you can only upload a file or files totalling 1 mb at any one time, so when resizing pics, check the filesize. It can be a little slow to upload at times but it allows direct links to images.

Ta muchly

Gary

When I click on the links a get an imagestation page asking me to sign in to see the pictures. So any one who is a member and has the cookie on their machine will see the picture, other wise you are barred. :(

I've just joined ImageStation and the original pic at the start of this thread shows up. Before joining I just had a red 'X'. Very nice looking work JohnBoy ;)

Glad you got it sorted JohnBoy ;)

Back