Yet another Homepage!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Well, I have finally sorted out a Website for yours truly. :shock: It's not the greatest site ever and i'm tweaking it daily. Take a look and have a laugh, anyway.
www.philsville.co.uk

I have included a "work in progress" page to show pics of my latest project. Have a look here, http://www.philsville.co.uk/workinprogress.htm, my latest project is motoring along.
Please let us know what you think, and any improvements I can make. (please don't say "close it down" :lol: )
regards,
Philly :D

Nice, but you can't sumbit feedback!!!

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

Adam

Cheers Adam,
Just working on that-my server wants £25 to install those components. Hmm, think i'll find a different way round it.
Thanks

Philly,
I knew that going public with my own website would make my efforts look feeble.
Your site looks good to me. I think you are brave in 1) Putting your picture up and 2) asking for feedback.
I had fun putting mine together and if I ever get brave enough I will have to go down the subscription service route and make use of the benefits.

Have you inticed your 3 year into the workshop yet? I completed a bird box project with mine earlier in the year. I cut all the wood but she helped drill the holes and used the electric screwdriver to screw it together. She also painted it. I have never felt so proud in all my life.

AndyP

Andy P,
I've been tweaking this for a while (and still want to start again from scratch!! :shock: ) They are a labour of love, aren't they?

As to my daughter-she has her own bench in the workshop. Most of her tools are toy ones at the moment and she's not too happy about noisy power tools, but we have a lot of fun together. She spends most of the time collecting shavings and sawdust-which is handy, because I excel at making those!!
best regards,

Hi Mike,
Yeah, the Incra is one of my favorite "tools" now. It is so accurate, its a pleasure to use! Put it on your list now :lol:
best regards

Very nice, Philly - although I had forgotten about your bargain Jet planer, so I felt the force of the gloat for a second time :cry:

Might be asking you some questions about the Incra in the near future :wink:

NeilCFD

Neil,
Well the problem with this forum is having to share gloatage-with my own site I'm a Pig in Gloat heaven! (not really :lol: )
The incra is real good-I'll post some pics soon.

Philly,

C'est magnifique! 'Scuse me while I screw up my own feeble efforts into a ball and lob them into the WPB. :(

Cheers, Alf

Philly":1hdgtal9 said:
...and any improvements I can make...

Interesting stuff Philly and good content, but...

...Bl**dy Microsoft.

As you've used frontpage to create your site, it doesn't work properly* with non-microsoft browsers, such as firefox. If you're bothered, there are sites that enable you to check for such things, otherwise I'll just have to use Internet Explorer.

In either browser the index on the left is wider than the wood effect background I guess it should be on.

*the scroll list of piccies on the workinprogress page has all the piccies shown and this makes the page veeeeeeerrrrry wiiiiiiide !

Pete

Please don't look at my feeble website for ideas, 'cos I can't be bothered - I spend too long with computers at work !

Philly,
Great stuff! I see you have one of those big white worktables with a viewscreen underneath - they also work well for de-greasing old tools apparently..

Hi Philly,

What a great site. I only wish that i had the knowledge to do one of my own.

I like the router table, is it your own design or did you follow a plan?

I love your choice of planer as the CT150DL also resides in my little workshop, what a difference cast iron makes.

Regards

Mike.C

Back