Yet another anti-rust suggestion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I regard rust as 'spawn of Satan', and am constantly trying to minimise its appearance/potential. Just got the latest copy of FWW through the door, and there's a tip in there from a guy in NZ: he wraps his blades in tin foil when not in the plane: claims it acts as a sacrificial anode (same idea as steel boat anodes...) and rusts before any will hit the blades. Sounds logical, might help some of us.

I've finally bitten the bullet: there's now a dehumidifier, 3 lengths of industrial 'pipe heaters', assorted draught excluder strips for the door, and a thermostat sat in a pile on the workshop floor... Eat that, Satan... :twisted:

Are you also going to start wearing gloves to prevent the moisture from your hands from causing localised corrosion when you handle the tools :wink:

Bean

Oh yes - full body protection.... No comments thank you.. :wink:

I was thinking more of the outfits worn by Leslie Neilsen and Priscilla Presley for 'all over safety' in Naked Gun - but this is a clean board, so we won't go there.. :D

Shady":3mi16swn said:
I was thinking more of the outfits worn by Leslie Neilsen and Priscilla Presley for 'all over safety' in Naked Gun - but this is a clean board, so we won't go there.. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trying to imagine someone planing up a piece of wood whilst wearing such apparel.

Ooh, but what if it's got a water-based lubricant? :shock:

Okay, I'm stopping there. :wink:

Back