yesterday on the web

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My web connection yesterday (Saturday 30/7/05) was terrible even to this site it kept geting page not available. Also things like server can not be found, cut offs, you name it it happened. Had a brief window around 3pm when everything worked perfectly and then wham it happened again.

This morning perfect again.

Time computers had a server called Supanet.com which possibly could have gone bust with Time and Tiny and their users perhaps are clogging up the net searching for a new url.

Or was it something else?

PS Just went and tried supanet.com and that appears to be in business still and working.

Devonwoody...not sure from your post who your ISP is? It could be that your ISP simply had tech problems that day (usually a good ISP will have a status line available telling you what's up)..There are loads of bits and pieces that all need to work well/together and anyone failing will cause problems that you experienced.

it could even have been localised to your BT exchange. Just one of those things, I'm afraid.

Roger

Steve Maskery":337dgqi0 said:
If I understand it correctly, Tesco is actually supplied by ntl. Could still be BTs fault, of course :)
Cheers
Steve

I'm on NTL,and that was off completely for a number of hours on Friday evening (but OK all day Saturday)

Hi DW,
Sorry to see you are having 'health' issues with your p.c. But I would like to enquire as to your personal health of late. Are you still recovering well after your 'do'? Certainly hope so.

Cheers, Sliver.

sliver":8syc6ed0 said:
Hi DW,
Sorry to see you are having 'health' issues with your p.c. But I would like to enquire as to your personal health of late. Are you still recovering well after your 'do'? Certainly hope so.

Cheers, Sliver.

Many thanks for your enquiry re the recent heart problem, although now 2 months ago almost, I am pleased to say it would appear has it had never happened. I must have been one of the lucky ones, in hospital intensive care within 30 minutes of the attack, and then a stent fitted later in the week. Now leading a normal life.

Hi again D.W,
So glad you're o.k. now. Like it never happened eh? now that HAS to be great news. If you've been that lucky you should be buying lottery tickets by the dozen my friend. All the best.

Sliver. :D

sliver":3slfk1tm said:
Hi again D.W,
So glad you're o.k. now. Like it never happened eh? now that HAS to be great news. If you've been that lucky you should be buying lottery tickets by the dozen my friend. All the best.

Sliver. :D

Yeah won a tenner last week :D Fortunately or unfortunately not the £77million.

Back