Yellow card

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Having raised what I considered both reasonable and justifyable points over the testing of tools and the independence of testers in general who have more than one master and then because some members considered my approach less than fair I apologised.

Considering who I was conversing with I personally considered a robust attitude was acceptable. However some members didn't agree and I duly apologised

That apology was not accepted and I have also been given a first and last warning by the powers to be.

Apparently ( I have been told) that its not 'some' members but that 'a lot of members have been upset'

I consider myself quite a friendly guy and am always willing to help where I can.

Ive also received a fair bit of help round here when I have needed so its a bit of a shame that I have to leave.

I cannot continue to post with you guys knowing a lot of you have voiced your objections to the management.

To everybody who has helped me and those who have supported me

Cheers :)

Good Luck

Billzee

Best wishes Bilzee
Somehow I missed the controversy - it's a shame when someone has to "retire".
Seems the moderators are breeding like rabbits now! Is this a response to the above or is Alf getting RSI? :wink:

Hi Bilzee,

The warning was intended to be friendly I'm sorry you didn't take it that way.

From reading the posts I felt it necessary to send you a warning. I'm the admin and I want everyone to get along. You said your self you apologised so you must of known it got out of hand. It was only a warning; if you follow the forum rules no further action will be taken.

You’ve been a great poster and member and I hope you consider staying.

Bilzee

I have to say that I lost interest in the thread halfway through. I believe from a scant reading it got a bit personal. Maybe it should have continued through the personal message facility (or perhaps that would make it just too personal). In any event I am sorry that anyone feels they have to leave and would rather this business was simply laid to rest.

Always one to sit on the fence in these matters.

Roy

Sawdustally,

You have completely missed the point that bilzee is making. He is upset that some of the gutless wonders on this forum complained behind his back but did not have the guts to say it to his face. He is not the one being childish the one's that did not accept his apology are.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE? A "FIRST AND LAST WARNING" YOU CHAT AWAY TO HIM DAY AFTER DAY YET YOU COULD REMOVE HIM FROM THE FORUM JUST LIKE THAT. AS I HAVE SAID HE IS NOT THE ONE BEING CHILDISH.

I agree with Aragorn it does seem that the moderators are breeding like rabbits, i wonder why.

Mike.C

oh no can't one thread stay friendly these days :wink: :lol:

Who do you think we are? We are the moderators and to quote the forum rules (that you should agree to before posting)

We reserve the right to monitor the forums and delete or edit any postings that don't adhere to these rules. Any member who breaks the rules will be warned and if necessary banned.

It's not a nice job to do and as you can see we do upset some members but without moderators this forum (any forum) would soon become one big argument and the site would loose all it's visitors.

We are all nice people, If you don't agree with our decisions we're sorry but can't people just accept it, even ignore it and get on enjoying our hobby?

Charley,

My point is the moderators have claimed he has done something wrong, he does not think so but he apologized anyway, and not only was his apology not accepted but he was warned that he would be kicked off the forum for one mistake.

Mike.C

I missed it! Could someone provide a link to the posts that have caused this furore?
By and large I approve of robust discussion, and unless somebody said something particularly offensive I do not approve of stifling the free expression of opinions
John

Hi John

Try these two Topics in General Woodworking

Who would like to see more Comparison Tool Testing in GWW?

The same old eyewash

All the best

John

johnjin":3pojnbqe said:
Hi Charley

I'm glad i don't have your job. :roll:

Best Wishes

John

lol wanna trade? :lol:

It's not as easy as it looks to try and please everyone. Mike, it was only a friendly warning based on my decision. People might think I'm wrong but at the end of the day my decision should be final. If you don't agree with it please don't take it personal just accept or ignore it. The one warning and you're out policy isn't anything personal. It's something I decided on when I opened the forum. I admit the rules aren't clear about that but I will be editing them soon. Bilzee is a friend, I consider all members friends of UKW thats why I have to give the same rules to everyone.

Charley,

I accept what you say but i saw red when Sawdustally who is supposed to be there to keep the peace reply to bilzee by calling him childish. At any other time it's a word that you would not even notice but i think that on this occasion he was out of order to wind bilzee up even more, especially as he is a moderator.

Regards

Mike.C

I'm a moderator on another forum and know just how hard it is to please everyone, but the result of letting things go is chaos.

Free speech comes at a price, the price is responsibility.

In this case it was not just what was said but the way it was said, and although an apology was made, it was made in such a way as to make it worthless.

Let the moderators do their job and enjoy the forum, don't get personal. Treat the person you are addressing with respect (as though they are in the same room, 6ft 6 inches tall and 18 stone) and you won't go wrong.

Hi Keith

I've just read your post here about three times. And I've got to say that I agree with every word. It comes down to the fact that you should treat everyone, how you would like to be treated yourself. You put it in a much nicer way than I could. Moderators are the answer and we now have two new ones that will go a long way to keeping the peace. At around a hundred posts a day it is a busy and very necessary job.

All the best

John

I know, this is getting to be the longest goodbye in forum history :D

From Keith S

In this case it was not just what was said but the way it was said, and although an apology was made, it was made in such a way as to make it worthless.

I'm sorry keith, was the apology not contrite enough for you. I didn't consider it was necessary personally, but gave it when a couple of posters said my attitude was wrong.

You can't please everybody eh?

From johnjin
Hi Keith I've just read your post here about three times

Three times eh; I'm impressed

Was not my reply to you satisfactory, I thought I showed you a large measure of respect. Its a pity it hasn't been reciprocated.

Thankyou.

For the guys who pm'd your support thanks. I would have been happier if you had said it in open forum, sort of heads off the lynching mob.

On the Novoserve forum where I am a mod we had someone who we all knew from the Screwfix site. We all had the utmost respect for him and his knowledge of the building trade is absolutely first rate. But then for whatever reason he started to be abusive and ultimately we (as moderators) decided to exclude him. A very hard decision but the correct one.

bilzee you know the difference between a genuine apology and one where you "didn't consider it necessary". There have been plenty of occasions where things have become more heated and ugly( in other forums) than in this case. Then a genuine apology is given and all is forgotten. You need to take responsibility for your actions and consider others.

There have been plenty of occasions where things have become more heated and ugly( in other forums) than in this case. Then a genuine apology is given and all is forgotten. You need to take responsibility for your actions and consider others.

There you have it keith, out of your own mouth, things had neither got too heated or ugly

Rather, its people like you ( who had little or nothing to do with the thread) winding it up afterwards.

Its of little help at all.

In a nutshell too heavy a hand has been used for a storm in a teacup, leaving me in a difficult position.

Your comments have hardly helped.

Just makes you think there is some other agenda working here

Hi All,

Over the weekend I have thought long and hard about the forum, I think it is an excellent place to learn and leave information for each and every member.
I have enjoyed my time engaging with you all but the recent postings I felt were at times, a personal attack on my integrity.
At the risk of stirring it all up again, I would like to put the matter straight.

To say that I have more than one master is a slur on my character as far as I am concerned, and in my mind, opinion, not fact.
The fact is, I am employed by Future Publishing. They, and only they, pay me. Whether our magazine, or others, take advertising has no sway on how I reviewany product from that manufacturer, or any other.
If any member on this forum, or anywhere else has hard evidence that I am in league with others, then that is fine, let's all see it.
Opinions are fine to talk through with each other face to face or in personal messages, but not to accuse me in public.
That is why I took umbrage to the threads, although I felt I tried to keep it as light hearted as I could.

I hope this doesn't stir up any more controversy, and I wish Bilzee well, but I have every right to defend myself against character asassination.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back