Yeehah! or Galoot Gets Broadband

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf,

Well done - not before time either. As a recent convert at home the difference is mind boggling isn't it?

Who are you with? How did you persuade TTBTBs?

Andy

Mcluma":1586boxw said:
yeeez, :roll:

we already upgraded to 2kb.

Gues you have to wait another 4 year to get that he :wink:
Ah, nothing you can say will spoil it. I thought we'd be lucky to get 512 to be honest - this is undreamt of speed. I may need a seatbelt.

Andy, went with PlusNet in the end; finger's crossed. TPTB's were persuaded by my charm and wit of course. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf, for a while there I thought you might have had to hock some tools to pay for it.

Andy

Congratulations - didn't even think you had phone lines down your way.
Now enjoy spending the next few weeks thinking of (legal) ways of using that bandwidth!
Cheers
Gidon

Excellent news - it makes such a difference.

Maybe now you can get your posting rate up a bit.....

Cheers

Tim

Alf":13co9q1p said:
958.70kbps. :D Smokin' :shock: \:D/ :eek:ccasion5:
Cheers, Speedy
Welcome to the speedy side, Alf.

Now don't go making your piccies to big just because uploading will be faster :lol:

Now all you need is a few more computers around you and you can make simultaneous posts on the forums you frequent...

Mike

21st century technology. Well done Alf. I reckon I waste at least 30 mins a day waiting for downloading and uploading. That's half a day wasted every week. Hopefully I'll be half a day ahead of myself by Christmas.

Noel

Isn't broadband against your principles Alf? All that modern stuff like electricity, it'll never catch on you know. I thought all your posts came in by pigeon.

Matt.

Alf,

Welcome to the 21st century :D

You need to ensure that your firewall and AV setup are kept up to date now as you are a much easier target to hit now.:twisted:

Matt1245":14my16n4 said:
I thought all your posts came in by pigeon.
Matt,

The technology was damp string, the exact level of dampness being critical for good comms. ](*,)

DaveL":2jy8nkr5 said:
You need to ensure that your firewall and AV setup are kept up to date now as you are a much easier target to hit now.:twisted:
Router with built-in firewall and two AV programs (can't decide which one to go with) should do it, I hope? Although obviously I'll also hover over the wire with my cavewoman's club in hand ready to bash any intruders personally. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Back