Yay, bullnose plane prices set to rise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED65

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Paul Sellers posted a video on them a few hours ago.

This one I don't think many here will mind, in fact more than a few will welcome the chance to offload their one seeing as they don't have any use for it themselves :D

I have over the years, aquired three '77s and never used any of them.
I have toyed with the idea of screwing a lump of hardwood (or brass) to the front of one and turning it into a shoulder plane.
Pretty much like the 311 .

Anyone tried this, or can see problems

I think I can remember seeing pictures of that somewhere - assuming you mean the cheap little 75 bullnose plane.
If you really have three of the lovely hand cranked no 77 dowel making machines that's quite a drive-by gloat!

AndyT":2d1mh9gs said:
I think I can remember seeing pictures of that somewhere - assuming you mean the cheap little 75 bullnose plane.
If you really have three of the lovely hand cranked no 77 dowel making machines that's quite a drive-by gloat!

You have got me confused (over numbers) now. Surely the 77 and 77a are bull nosed planes.
You are not tired and emotional already are you?? :D :D

As Mr_Pea suggested, we have a bit of Stanley/Record confusion - sorry!

The Record 077 and 077a are bullnose planes, based on the old Preston designs.
The Stanley 77 was a dowel making machine.
The plane in the Paul Sellers video is a Stanley 90.

I should have specified record, sorry!

I have a Preston 311 where someone has brazed the longer part to the plane making it a small shoulder. It's quite nicely balanced.

I've got a Slater bullnose plane that a friend gave me and it's a dandy little plane that I've use several times in actual woodworking.

Back