YAWN - Yet Another Workbench Newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Mark on a great thread and a great bench, you must be well chuffed and rightly so. =D>

As you say, now time to use it - any projects lined up?

Cheers

Gavin

Yup, my sister's expecting her second at christmas and I have a few feet of ash and walnut to make a sidecar cot with. And I'm looking to get some oak soon to try to make that Maguire end table. Looking forward to it :)

Awesome work Mark - really enjoyed the journey and all the detail. Congrats on the bench, I'm looking forward to starting mine now!

So. I was kindof impressed with the veritas vice for surviving the wallop the way it did. I mean, "Must survive having 500lb of bench and silly person dropped on the handle by the silly person" can't have been on the design specs after all, and yet it managed it. So I wrote off to veritas to say nicely done lads, that's a nice bit of kit.

They're posting - unasked for and free of charge - a replacement screw shaft thingy for the vice, so it'd look its best.

I mean, I know, cheap marketing and so on, but still. Deserves a bit of a thumbs-up I thought. Can't see Bosch doing that because I dropped a drill and the casing survived the impact. And it's kindof, not to be too much of a leftie pinko commie hippie about it, but it's kindof nice when a manufacturer does that sort of thing.

So there it is. A nice little postscript to the build.

Really enjoyed following your thread Mark, Its great to watch the honest trials and tribulations of someone attempting something for the first time.
Its also re-inforced why I love power tools, I respect your perseverance with the hand tools but my patience would have worn out much quicker than yours.
looks a good solid bench that should give you years of good work, Looking forward to your next project thread, admittedly more for your amusing writing style than anything else.
Thanks
Adam

There might be another thread in a few weeks Adam, or there'll be a tale of lament and woe.

2016-09-21-14.06.23a.jpg

Be a shame to go to all that trouble and then not use the thing after all :)

Back