Yankee Screwdriver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gower

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
First time on UK Workshop Forum. Great site for late learners like me!
I have a large Yankee screwdriver and I've heard a whisper that there is an adaptor so that you can use standard screwdriver bits. I've looked in all the obvious places but failed to find one. Any ideas?

Regards to all

Welcome to the forum, Gower.

There's the Trend option, although it might make things a little end heavy perhaps? For the thrifty there's Tom Price's solution. No wait, I don't think that'll fit the large size, although for the record if you use a long reach adaptor you can skip the changing the shank for a longer one step. IIRC BugBear came across an adaptor from CK not too long back too. Oh, and there's some at Dieter Schmid too. Basically Tom Price's but done for you, and available to fit all sizes it seems. :)

Cheers, Alf

Well, I don't think there is anything else left to say after ALF so I'll just say hello and welcome to the forum!

Adam

Hello Gower,

I am afraid that I can't help you with your problem, but I just wanted to say hi to a fellow Welshman, and welcome you to the forum

I am not a million miles away from you up in "sunny" Rudry.

Regards

Gary

What can I say. Pose as question and instant result - thanks Alf & Adam.
Gary, visiting 'sunny'? Rudry for a spot of grub at the Maenllwyd next week. Make a change from 'Wet' Rhiwbina!

Jim

Gower":29uufxgt said:
What can I say. Pose as question and instant result - thanks Alf & Adam.
Gary, visiting 'sunny'? Rudry for a spot of grub at the Maenllwyd next week. Make a change from 'Wet' Rhiwbina!

Jim

I live right behind the Maenllwyd - small world innit :shock:

Back