Yandles Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
So begins my "Yandles" campaign! :D
The show is held on Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th of this month, and I really recommend it. Free parking, free entry-not many shows where you get that. Loads of trade stalls, bargains galore! Lots of demo's-turning, routing, carving, furniture restoration, etc.......
And they have a wide range of lovely TIMBER (after all, Yandles is a sawmill :shock: )
So please, one and all, head on down and enjoy.
I'm going on the Saturday, if anyone wants to meet up it would be a pleasure (and the offer of a cup of tea still stands Alf)
regards,
Philly :D

thomaskennedy":3ld46d88 said:
where is this taking place???
Ahh, good point... :oops: Yandle & Sons

CP, not sure red's my colour... What we need is "UK Workshop" hats! Maybe something folded out of the pages of GWW? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Edit: D'oh! Philly beat me to it - just

Alf,
You gotta be quick!
And I did say that this thread is my "let's all go to Yandles" campaign! :lol:
The Philster

Another attraction of Yandles show is its proximity to Screwfix warehouse shop in Yeovil (about 6 miles). Sometimes good bargins to be found that are only available in the shop.
Other attractions in Yeovil are the worlds greatest ex non league footy team and um, um, er,................
Might see ya at Yandles if SWMBO doesn't hide the credit card !

Morning Fellow Woodies,
Another star attraction I forgot to mention at the Yandles Show is a gent call Dick Apps. I've been to the last four shows and he's always there. His "speciality" is the pole lathe. This chap (who looks like an extra from Last Of The Summer Wine!) spends the two days trundling his foot powered lathe and turning away-But I've never seen him make anything! :shock: (apart from shavings, obviously). Now I know that doesn't sound particularly exciting, but you have to see him to believe.
As an extra incentive, I am offering the star prize of a "Yandles Pasty" to the person who takes a photo of said gentleman and his finished product! :D
(Please don't let this put you off going as there are always a large group of professional turners spinning away in the main machine hall)
regards,
A mischievous Philly :wink:

The Screwfix shop has just moved to the Penn Mill trading estate on the eastern side of Yeovil. They say that they carry all the items in their catalogue that are available as "next day delivery". occasionally they have "returns", "damaged box" or "end of line" bargins !

Philly":3hled4jz said:
But I've never seen him make anything! :shock: (apart from shavings, obviously). Now I know that doesn't sound particularly exciting, but you have to see him to believe.
As an extra incentive, I am offering the star prize of a "Yandles Pasty" to the person who takes a photo of said gentleman and his finished product! :D
So, erm, do the shavings count as the finished product then? :D Hey, I've used a pole lathe, and I reckon yes!

Cheers, Alf

Forget the carnations; easily recognised as the galoot with a camera pestering a bodger. :wink:

Philly

I'll be there on the Saturday wearing an England world up winners shirt.

Woul;d be nice to meet some of the people who give me advice.

See you there.

Waka

I should be there saturday , scruffy lookin, not too much hair n bent double (dang blocks for new workshop are heavy) :)

trevtheturner":e2t7vklw said:
Hows about just slapping on a sticky label showing 'UKW' :?: - 'cos I don't have a mobile :!: :oops: :cry:

You could ring him (Philly on his mobile) from a payphone :shock:

It'll only cost you 10p, and he'll buy you a coffee and a cake :p ....

Sounds like a bargain to me 8)

A

A,
If you turn up with a coachload, by the time I get the drinks in I won't be able to pay for that #4 1/2! :roll:
Philly

Count me in for a Saturday visit, going only to look at P/T and make a decision on what make to purchase in the near future.

Only drawback is I`ll have the Mrs in tow muttering away "What you want that for" :wink:

Back