Yandles Woodworking Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SP

Why can't they ever let us out on our own, are they worried we might spend too much money ( you can never do that on good tools). My other half has elected to come along as well, when I said I hope to meet guys from this site, her reaction was , I'll take a good book. They don't complain when you make them something nice, but they don't want you to have the tools to do it with.

Hope you enjoy the show, I certainly will and unbeknown to HID's I have a long list of things to buy.

Waka.

Well as this one's sooner than the Midlands show, I reckon it needs bumping up the list too. :D (No significance of any kind :wink: ) If it wasn't for the fact that virtually everyone's going on Saturday, and I'm not, I'd say "see you there". As it is, I'm probably fairly safe from pointing, staring and people throwing stuff. That'll make a change... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Can't disagree with you there, Alf.

Note you are going on Friday - get in early, avoid the mob, best bargains, early bird and all that, eh? :wink:

Unfortunately, I live somewhere between Martock and Leamington Spa and, having a bit of a problem with my decision making, have had to come down on the side of going to both :roll: Then of course it's the question of which day to go on. Easy one, this - for Yandle's I've decided to go on Friday as there is a 50ft earth bank that needs digging out and clearing on Friday, ready for a new stone wall - and SWMBO likes gardening so thought I'd leave her in peace to get it done! :twisted: :twisted:

Bit off-topic, sorry, but it is to do with the woodworking show!

If you feel left out 'cos most are going on Saturday, look out for me if you want. I'm about 6'5" with short dark hair (not skin 'ead) and fairly well civilised - I promise not to point, stare or throw stuff :!:

Trev.

Okay Trev, I'll keep an eye out (or should that be "up"?!). For myself, I hope to pluck up the courage to wear my unofficial galoot baseball cap (dark blue with, er, "Galoot" on the front. Well duh.) by which ye shall know me. This has the advantage of instant disguise if attacked by tablesaw fanatics - just take off the 'at and they walk right past. :wink: I think Cambournepete's going on Friday too btw. Appearance unknown although carnations may be involved :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Just a small demand for the "Friday Gang"- Alf, Trev, please leave some bargains for the "Saturday Club" :cry:
Wish I could get the time off work, but there you go.
Am looking forward to the SIP stall-they seem to have some nice new tools coming out...
If anyone else is considering going, do yourself a favour-Go!

(oh, and please take the take the mickey out of the Somerset Police stall- "Shed-U-Cation" indeed! :lol: )

Regards,
Philly :D

Hi Philly,

Speaking of SIP a friend of mine got the SIP benchtop jointer and I was mighty surprised to find that it was a great piece of equipment - cast iron table and fence. Very impressed with it. List at £149 and an induction motor too.

Rgds

Noel, back in working mode and rest assurred, won't be at Yandles.

Noely,
Yeah, They have a 2 page ad inside Good Wood this month, lots of cast iron looking stuff coming up.
Look forward to not seeing you at the show :D
Cheers,
Philly

Hi Philly,

Yep - I'll leave some bargains for you 'cos after the Yandle's Show I've only got a week to save up for the Midlands Show! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing 'Shed-U-Cation' - the mind boggles! :shock: :roll:

Trev,
Very kind of you! :D
Just Thought i'd remind everyone of the upcoming show at "Yandles" (like anyone could forget!)
Philly

don't know HID insisted that we go to Norfolk on holiday instead of going to the show!!!! :shock: .............I couldn't understand it either........

Bean

Back