Yandles Spring Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Wondering if Yandles free show is worth making the effort to get to? Looks like a proposed trip over the border at the end of this month is in jeopardy, but I might be able to swing it coincide with this instead. Is it worth the trek? :? (Leaving aside their excellent cakes for a moment, of course :D )

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
Oh Yes indeedy!!
This is my favorite "little" show- well worth going for the great atmosphere, loads of trade stalls, loads of lovely timber and real deal saw mill setting! A lot of the demonstations are actually held in the saw mill itself-monster bandsaws, planers, etc to see!
So, yup, I give it the old thumbs up-I'll be there, so if you want to meet up for a cup of tea let us know.
Cheers,
Philly

(oh, lots of hand tools for sale Alf-the Clifton guys are always there!) :D

Ta, Philly. Still no guarantee I can get to this either, but I can see it might be worth the fight :D I'll let you know if I'll make it.

Simon, d'you really need an opinion on them? I thought you were sufficiently smitten without further slope greasing? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

I too can thoroughly recommend the Yandles shows (Spring and Autumn). Good atmosphere and bargins everywhere. It is well worth trundling up to A30/A303.

David

Alf....You of all people should know you can never have too much grease on the slope!!

SimonA

Another recommendation - one of the best shows I went to last year. And I think I missed the demos in the saw mill! Quite a way from you though - took me a long time to get there from here.
Cheers
Gidon

Come on People!
I'm uping the ante to a cup of tea AND a slice of cake!
It would be great to meet up with you wonderful people without having to type.
Philly :D

Just got a mail this morning from Mike Hancock about the new Clifton planes:

4 1/2 & 51/2 PROTOTYPES ARE VERY GOOD AND I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVE TAKEN THIS LONG TO DO THEM.

THEY HAVE FINALLY SET THE PRICE AT

£165 + VAT FOR THE nO.41/2 = £193.88
£170 + VAT FOR THE nO.5 1/2 = £199.75

I WILL SELL THEM AT THIS PRICE TO INCLUDE DELIVERY

So there you have it peeps......get your oders in now........

SimonA
Thinking tha maybe he should have held off on his #7 a little bit longer to get one of these!! :cry:

And cake?! Gosh. :shock: I'll have to put my case to The Powers with more force...

Simon, you don't want to regret the purchase of your #7 mate; it's a size of plane everyone should have and I bet you'll use it more than you expect.

While I have the attention of all these Devonians, have any of you been to the South West Forest annual Wood Fair at Roadford Reservoir? http://www.southwestforest.org.uk/woodfair.html Happened across the info on it yesterday, never heard of it before. Typical. It's about 2 feet over the border and they act like it's in another country... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back