Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Yandles Spring Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

Wondering if Yandles free show is worth making the effort to get to? Looks like a proposed trip over the border at the end of this month is in jeopardy, but I might be able to swing it coincide with this instead. Is it worth the trek? :? (Leaving aside their excellent cakes for a moment, of course :D )

Cheers, Alf

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf,
Oh Yes indeedy!!
This is my favorite "little" show- well worth going for the great atmosphere, loads of trade stalls, loads of lovely timber and real deal saw mill setting! A lot of the demonstations are actually held in the saw mill itself-monster bandsaws, planers, etc to see!
So, yup, I give it the old thumbs up-I'll be there, so if you want to meet up for a cup of tea let us know.
Cheers,
Philly

(oh, lots of hand tools for sale Alf-the Clifton guys are always there!) :D

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Talking about Clifton, I know that they're going to be on Mike Hancocks stand http://www.classichandtools.co.uk so you'll be able to try out both the new 4 1/2 and the new 5 1/2. And then fill me in on what they're like!!! :lol:

SimonA

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Ta, Philly. Still no guarantee I can get to this either, but I can see it might be worth the fight :D I'll let you know if I'll make it.

Simon, d'you really need an opinion on them? I thought you were sufficiently smitten without further slope greasing? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Ham

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf,

I too can thoroughly recommend the Yandles shows (Spring and Autumn). Good atmosphere and bargins everywhere. It is well worth trundling up to A30/A303.

David

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf....You of all people should know you can never have too much grease on the slope!!

SimonA

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Another recommendation - one of the best shows I went to last year. And I think I missed the demos in the saw mill! Quite a way from you though - took me a long time to get there from here.
Cheers
Gidon

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Come on People!
I'm uping the ante to a cup of tea AND a slice of cake!
It would be great to meet up with you wonderful people without having to type.
Philly :D

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got a mail this morning from Mike Hancock about the new Clifton planes:

4 1/2 & 51/2 PROTOTYPES ARE VERY GOOD AND I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVE TAKEN THIS LONG TO DO THEM.

THEY HAVE FINALLY SET THE PRICE AT

£165 + VAT FOR THE nO.41/2 = £193.88
£170 + VAT FOR THE nO.5 1/2 = £199.75

I WILL SELL THEM AT THIS PRICE TO INCLUDE DELIVERY

So there you have it peeps......get your oders in now........

SimonA
Thinking tha maybe he should have held off on his #7 a little bit longer to get one of these!! :cry:

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
And cake?! Gosh. :shock: I'll have to put my case to The Powers with more force...

Simon, you don't want to regret the purchase of your #7 mate; it's a size of plane everyone should have and I bet you'll use it more than you expect.

While I have the attention of all these Devonians, have any of you been to the South West Forest annual Wood Fair at Roadford Reservoir? http://www.southwestforest.org.uk/woodfair.html Happened across the info on it yesterday, never heard of it before. Typical. It's about 2 feet over the border and they act like it's in another country... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Alf - never been but may pop along this year. Not quite sure where it is yet but must be nearby.
Cheers
Gidon