Yandles "Record" show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Having said Yandles show wasn't worth driving a 370 mile round trip for in another thread, I went there on the way to picking up SWMBO from her mother's in Taunton.

There I said "hi" and spent a little money with Chestnut Terry, who very kindly arranged for me and Philly to meet up - thanks again for the coffee Philly :D.

There were the usual people there with the usual bargains, but the best I found for me was the Record Power PT260. This was on sale for a frankly too tempting £399 (£30 more than the SIP with the open stand), with a cabinet base and 5 year warranty and I succumbed. Just as well I had the trailer attached to the car for SWMBO's luggage :wink:
I could have bought the separate Nutool thicknesser and planer for ~£180, but quite frankly the thicknesser looked badly built and not strong, and what with Philly's tales of one he bought blowing up on its second cut I thought it best to steer clear.

So now I am the pround owner of one very large and heavy cardboard box, and really must sort out my garage - I mean workshop. :D :D

It's first task will be to plane down the sycamore I bought for the new door thresholds from my newly tiled hall.

I really must remember not to take any plastic to Tools 2004! :)

Well Done Pete!
I'm proud of you!
Good to meet up with you Saturday, let us know how you get on with the planer..
Philly

Hi Gents

Was good to see you both on Saturday, where was everyone else?

Look forward to seeing you (and others) at either Stoneleigh or Tools 2004 later this year; we'll have to make some better arrangements for meeting up!

Enjoy your purchases!

Just as well I had the trailer attached to the car for SWMBO's luggage

Uh huh, uh huh, what an incredibly useful coincidence! :wink: :lol:

I did get there eventually on Saturday - at around 2pm. Sorry we didn't get to meet up.

After having given up on getting any bargains at shows, I was pleasantly surprised to get a couple of very decent deals. A Record BS350 bandsaw down from £499 to £385! And a combi norton 1000/4000 waterstone for £30. Well pleased. And almost picked up their pretty well reviewed morticer which was going for £99.

Pete - glad you picked up a bargain too! Enjoy!

Martin - great to meet you. I hope you didn't have any more of those nice Veritas planes stolen!!

Cheers

Gidon

Terry,

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you. I was there on Friday, and I came by your stand a couple of times, but each time you had a queue of people and you were looking a little harassed, so I didn't bother you.

I hope that you had a successful show?

Hi

Thanks for coming by, Friday was the busier of the two days, sorry I wasn't able to say hello. Hope I wasn't looking too harrassed... probably someone trying to bite the Stick Wax again!

The show very good thanks, we sold quite a lot of stuff and spoke to lots of people which is always good to do.

Maybe see you next time!?

Hi All,
Well, as you can tell, it was a good show again at Yandles!
Bargains galore, and as we are members of UK Workshop, on first name basis with the Woodworking Scene movers and shakers........ 8)
As you can see ,I caught Terry at a busy moment (just joking :lol: ) It was great to chat, and cheers for arranging a meeting with Pete.
yandlesterry.jpg

Martin was there showing off the new Veritas planes. Sadly, some lowlife had nicked one :evil: What is the matter with some people???
Anyway, heres a pic of the planes on display....
yandlesveritas.jpg

Martin was also wearing the latest in apron technology-a bit of velcro to hold up the bottom of the apron so you can take a leak without removing the apron :shock: What will they think of next..........
yandlesmartin.jpg

Mike the Clifton Man was there displaying his wears on the Toolshop stand- He really is a nice chap and has a lot of hands on knowledge.
yandlesclifton.jpg

So did I come away with any bargains? Well, unfortunately a Veritas Spokeshave was forced upon me (thats my story and I'm sticking to it :lol: ), A FineWoodworking DVD on Table saws and (to complete the Norm transformation :shock: ) a Delta oscillating spindle sander. Oh, and a big slab of wood (Ovangol-anyone heard of it?)
So, here's to the Axminster show-see you all there!
Philly :D

Ahh, there's nothing to beat the sight of hand planes en masse... 8) (And here's hoping all the thief's appendages drop off - selfish git :evil: ) Ooo, I'm all excited about Tools2004 now. Hmm, 60 days a bit early to start a countdown d'you think? :? :oops: Mind you, I need every one of those days to continue saving for the tool budget :twisted:

Philly, your list of purchases started out so well. What happened? :( :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
To be honest, I'm all over the place recently.....
Fine hand tools, Co##ecting, Yankey power tools-what next? :lol:
It was nice to see the Veritas stuff in the flesh though. (as well as the Cliftons!)
Here's to Tools 2004
Philly :D

Nice pics Philly!

John - no delivery charge - I bunged it into the car. Well actually three people helped carry it into the car! It's heavy. The show price was £470 inc a dust extractor. But I told the chap I had dust extraction so he knocked the price of the extrator off - which I thought was very decent of him!

First impressions are get it while you can at that price! - nothing comes close as far as I can see. Very solid construction with over 9" inches under the guides and a beefy motor and a 5 year guarentee. I'm away all this week so the review will have to wait a bit unfortunately.

Cheers

Gidon

Alf":17hydt24 said:
Ahh, there's nothing to beat the sight of hand planes en masse... 8) (And here's hoping all the thief's appendages drop off - selfish git :evil: ) Ooo, I'm all excited about Tools2004 now. Hmm, 60 days a bit early to start a countdown d'you think? :? :oops: Mind you, I need every one of those days to continue saving for the tool budget :twisted:

Philly, your list of purchases started out so well. What happened? :( :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Which day you going ALF?

Adam

I'm going for the fancy option for the first time; preview day. :shock:

<Collective groan as those unlucky souls manning the stands wonder what they did to deserve such a start to the show :wink: >

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back