Yandles - Record Power bench grinders £30 off today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doesn't Record mean poor Chinese machines.........
Some of their other machine of late are not that good and overpriced...lathes in partiqular.......might as well buy from Aldi/Lidil.......
OLD Record no problem....

Thanks for the Yandles info, not quiet ready to part with ££ on a new grinder* yet but will keep and eye on their website. I wonder how pandemic is affecting sales - one thought is that people lucky enough to have steady income and time on their hands will buy more hobbyist kit, the other thought is that the whole supply chain from importers to retailers will be trying to get inventory down to balance the books. With all the shows (and therefore show-day discounts) off maybe its the latter and that explains these spot discounts.

I bought a Record lathe last year, DML305, still in the current range. Made in China yes, but light years better than any Aldi/Lidl kit available at the time or since as far as I can see. Heavy cast bed, all lines up properly even with extension bed, nothing has fallen off or gone wrong. For an amateur it seems excellent value for money and its a 'proper thing' not a tinplate toy. Bought chuck and accessory jaws since and all nicely finished and well fitted.

Maybe they market a different range in Greece, Frank?

Completely off topic, seeing that OP is in Bournemouth, were you there in '74 when they moved it from Hampshire to Dorset? Whether or not, I recommend listening to Bournemouth by the Omega 3.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxUlcMZAmWo

* had an old grinder for aeons, long before I started turning. Bought new wheels when I realised the old coarse/fine grey ones weren't right, fiddled about with rests and guides, its OK now. With perfect hindsight I would have bought something like a Record one immediately and sent the old one to the recycle skip.

My biggest regret was selling my Record Lathe. I wasn’t using it, it took up too much space so I down graded. Now that I’ve returned to wood turning I’ve realised how good the Record lathe was. So anyone upgrading go for Record products.

Latest posts

Back