Yandles - poor experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a purely personal opinion, and I have NO experience at all of Yandles (they're a million miles away from me apart from any other considerations).

But I must say that reading the responses from Yandles themselves (don't know the chap's name but presumably it's his business?) my own feeling is that this chap really is bending over backwards to try and sort the OP's problem out. He's even published his direct phone number on an open Forum!

Apart from business people having loads of other things to do, many of us do tend to forget that sending an E-mail and getting no reply is NOT necessarily the end of the matter - E-mails do "mysteriously disappear into the ether" sometimes - and that's just one example of modern comms going wrong sometimes.

I speak as a bloke who ran his own one-man international business for some years (nothing at all to do with wood working), and despite often receiving literally a hundred E-mails a day and despite having an invariable rule that EVERY message received today would get a response today (even if only an initial acknowledgement WITH a time/date for a fuller response) you can't reply to a message that you haven't received.

That's jJust one example. AND I've fairly often had examples of messages "getting hung up for days" in some server somewhere too. And add international time changes (OK, n/a in this case) and there's plenty of scope for problems.

In short, just pressing "SEND" isn't always the end of the story. I would respectfully suggest that the OP should apply a little more patience.

Well it sounds as if it will be sorted from the OP side which is great but tbh I feel a bit sorry for Yandles in this case where as AES says a phone number and additional email address were openly supplied along with an intent to solve the problem. His company has been slagged off for what we have to assume was a valid reason but the OP post had a desired effect as far as I can see.

We're all different but the first thing I would have done is pick up the phone and speak to the guy to hear his plans for a resolution, person to person and surely much better than electronic words no lost emails and no waiting for a response, can't see any logical reason for not doing that.

Adams' post means that Yandles will not go on to my personal blacklist and I'm happy to give them a chance when I need to buy something.

Just my twopennerth.

tomosap":1gz0e6jj said:
powertools":1gz0e6jj said:
To be honest I think that it is you that has for some reason been unable to contact them to resolve the issue that they clearly what to do.

Thank you for taking the time to alert them - however there is a slight hypocrisy in your original post about a "one-sided" view of the situation when making statements like the above.

I'm quite capable of sending emails to an email address, even taking into account when the poster omits key punctuation from an address that they've typed online to avoid spam bots from picking up on them. Having sent the email to both Adam and CCing in my wife and her receiving it, I'm quite certain that the email was sent.

Apologies Adam for not contacting you by phone. However, given the original contact was made through Amazon using their system and through my wife's account, I felt it easier sticking to an electronic medium so that you could see the previous dialogue to better understand my position.

My wife contacted Amazon last night who have agreed to resolve from her side, and make the necessary contact with yourselves. This puts the issue to bed from our perspective so there is no further action to take.

I dont understand why you think that I am a hypocrite but lets let others decide.
No need to thank me for contacting Yandles, I didnt do it for you, I just dont like the incorrect information that sometimes comes up on this forum. It wasnt long ago that someone popped up on here and said that Isaac Lord had gone out of business and that was untrue and I just feel that it is far to easy for people in these days of the internet to damage the reputation of long established reputable companies without good reason.

AES":2z9ibttk said:
... I would respectfully suggest that the OP should apply a little more patience.
Following this thread from a distance (New Zealand), I can't help thinking the same.

It would also be useful to find out where the problem with the emails lays. It sounds to me like it might be at Yandles end - that would explain why others have also had problems, while those that deal with them direct (not via emails) are generally happy with their service.

Cheers, Vann.

I wasnt going to comment anymore, but after the last post I have to just point out that BOTH of my extremely poor encounters with yandles staff was face to face in the shop. No emails were involved.
I know the person who caused the first incident no longer works for them. I dont know about the second, but I suspect they are still there.
I shant make anymore comments on this thread though, the original poster has had his problem sorted.

Back