Yandles oak + moisture meter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head clansman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

last week i went down to yandles and bought some euro oak for the frame work to go on my New tool cabinet (wip) bought it back and stored in workshop yandles did have a sign up saying oak was at 12.5 moisture contents so in all fairness to them these reading are good .

Today my new moisture meter arrived from Hong kong so straight to the workshop time to play , :lol:

first pic showing oak stood against new tool cabinet .

PDR_2238.jpg

second pic showing new meter .

PDR_2237.jpg

next three showing reading from meter .

PDR_2236.jpg

PDR_2234.jpg

PDR_2233.jpg

I'm all over the place next week with hosi appointment for my self, + looking after mum inlaw as well, i'll check the reading the following week to see if any difference. but the reading i'm getting look like i can machine it already . hc

HC,

All you appear to be doing there is taking a reading from the surface.

You'll need to push those prongs in a bit further to get a truly representative reading.

Trim a bit off the end to get inside the wood and then push the probes into the end grain.

I agree with what's been said but, those pins look bloody lethal - I hope you have a couple of spare bottle corks to protect yourself!! :D

OPJ":33gnsmti said:
I agree with what's been said but, those pins look bloody lethal - I hope you have a couple of spare bottle corks to protect yourself!! :D

Oh no! He will have to drink a couple of bottles of wine just to keep himself safe. Oh, the hardship :twisted:

hi

Oh no! He will have to drink a couple of bottles of wine just to keep himself safe. Oh, the hardship

oh i think i can manage that, :wink: will it be alright if i open the whisky bottle instead . hc :wink: :lol:

Back