Xmas presents - come on, what're you getting?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definition: Xylophobia refers to an abnormal and persistent fear of wooden objects or forests. :shock:

That's a weird one!!! I am sure Freud would have had a field day with explaining the causes!

I do have a persistant fear of my table saw (I am sure the thing is possessed!!!! It has tried to kill me at least once) - does that count?

Perhaps I should sprinkle some Holy Water on it and see what happens(there is an advantage of aluminium over cast iron that nobody has mentioned yet - ease of exorcism!!!!). :D :D :D

Question (topical as it happens) - would a xylophobe be scared of MDF? :wink:

When you finish with the Holy water, send me some down for the Lathe :)

ps The history of the Phobia "Xylo" comes from my ancestors, parking a wooden horse on the front lawn of the Trojans 8)

Tony

The LOML has just told me I can order one of these:
056002_xl.jpg

for my Christmas and birthday present. :D :D :D

Wonder if it comes with all that clear space in the shop? :shock:

Just in case anyone else wants to send me a nice present for the big five zero its on the 5th of January. :wink:

She's giving you a gentleman of advanced years equipped with his own natty gloves? (Batteries and piece-o-ply accessory not included). How, erm, nice. You do know a woodworker is for life, not just for Christmas?
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Alf

In funny mood today - you've been warned.
rolleyes.gif

DaveL":17jeuu3p said:
Just in case anyone else wants to send me a nice present for the big five zero its on the 5th of January. :wink:

My six zero was a couple of days ago.
I had made a "wish list" for Birthday/Christmas - bench light, carving chisel, dremel set, clamps etc

On my birthday what happened ? My two sons and SWIMBO had colluded and I was presented with a USA Fender Stratocaster and Vox amplifier ....something I had only dreamed about since about 40 years ago when I played in a rock band !!

I was (and still am!) totally gobsmacked - :D :D :D :D :D
Fantastic suprise , now workshop time divided between it and my relearning how to play!

John

i got two woodrat d/tail cutters and a plung bar off my youngest and a grand daughter off his wife . i will have to make a few things for her 8) 8)

John,

Must agree, a pucker Fender what a good surprise :D

Frank,

I have a granddaughter, is great making things for her, the hug of thanks says it all. :lol:

The Xmas pressie will hopefully be a Mk 2 MMD F Jnr...

aka - Morrisminordriver daughter no 2 -
Mrs MMDs waters broke at 3am this morning (Mon) three trips to the maternity unit and still nothing to show - its been a long day and going to be an even longer night...

Got the nod from Santa that a copy of "Technique of Furiture Making" should be mine on 25/12...

Thats good enough for me.

MMD.

<picturin a bleary eyed MMD staggerin to the shop for respite.....

congrats dude.... :wink:

Congratulations MMD (and mrs MMD) hope all went OK after you posted the above

Merry christmas to the 4 of you

morrisminordriver":zuwupsqj said:
The Xmas pressie will hopefully be a Mk 2 MMD F Jnr...

aka - Morrisminordriver daughter no 2 -
Mrs MMDs waters broke at 3am this morning (Mon) three trips to the maternity unit and still nothing to show - its been a long day and going to be an even longer night...
Ah, that's the trouble with Morris Minors - can be a bit stop-start...
wink.gif

Hope everything's gone okay by now, Mike, and congrats to you, Mrs MMD and the Minorettes.
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Alf

Congrats MMD hope all goes well.

Signal

ps, try the gas and air, its greaaat

Every year I buy myself a present, this time round it's a vertical air compresser reduced from £99.99 to £79.99 from the great Screwfix Direct, takes up less space in the workshop.
Girlfriend asked what I would like and after much haggling and promises to fix things around the home next year (fingers crossed behind back) we settled on a Trend N Compass and Extension rods (for the barrows :wink: ) She's getting a piece of gold, makes her happy, makes the bank manager cringe but a happy woman equals a quiet life...for a while anyway :D

Back