Xcalibur makeover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
The jungle drums tell me that there is a new Xcalibur tablesaw on its way in a few weeks.

Those of us who have the existing model will all say the same thing - it's an excellent saw that very high on build quality, but its old-fashioned design makes it less than perfect. The main criticisms are that the switch is on the right and the blade tilts towards the fence.

The new model has the same cabinet, motor and fence, but the blade tilts to the left and the switch is on the left, too. Plus it has a polycarbonate guard with a DX port and it is CE rated, so, on paper at least, it looks like a winner.

I've not seen one in the flesh, just a photo and brief spec, but it looks good to me.

And no, I'm not on commission, I just thought you might like to know!

Yes but they are still sold in various disguises in the States - Laguna for one?

Rod

I think so. The basic build is the same.
But don't quote me, I'm not an ambassador for this, I just had a sneak preview when I met with Roy the other day.
S

That's the old version, Chems. I don't know if all the models are being upgraded or just the cabinet saws.
The P/Ts are not yet available, I believe.
S

It's been 7 months, and the website was still not updated, so for those interested, here is a picture Roy sent me yesterday.

I hope he doesn't mind...

They look really great, and there is even a video on the homepage of their website (although i recommend steve doesn't watch it).
http://***********************/

You can get a catalogue from Roy, but it's a big file, (9MB). The only thing i am missing now is a price list ;-)

19-02-2013 13-43-03.jpg

Attachments

• 19-02-2013 13-43-03.jpg
    19-02-2013 13-43-03.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 307
Just out of interest, does anybody happen to have a rough ballpark price for the model pictured above? Thanks

As I put, that's all I am waiting for. I have asked Roy to send me one.

searching by model number I think I have found the China maker, at least all the blurb is the same, so there are more specs on there. Called Harvey http://www.harveymachinery.com

oh, and it looks as if the 12" has gone, and there are now two different 10" versions, 2.2kw and 3kw. One is listed as "industrial"

thanks for the info wcndave, very interesting. looking forward to hearing more about this!

It looks identical to my Deft T30 that I bought a few years back?
Sold in the US by Laguna too? ( and a few others),

Great saws if they are the same?

Rod

Latest posts

Back