XCALIBUR 807

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy67

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am seriously considering the Xcalibur 807 and would really like to see one without driving up to Stockport (from Kent). Is there anyone out there in the South East, who would mind me coming to view their machine? Also for those who have bought an Xcalibur saw (the 807 or other model ) are you pleased with the machine?
Thanks for your time.

Noddy

I have the 807 and if you fancy a trip to Weymouth you're more than welcome to come have a play.

ragarding my thoughts on Xcalibar, you've got to use one to really appreciate how fantastic it is.

Waka,
That's a very kind offer and much appreciated but Weymouth is a bit of a treck from Kent, almost as far as heading up to the showroom in Stockport.
Can you tell me though whether you went for the sliding table option and if so was it worth the extra 400 or so pounds? Also what swayed you towards the 807 rather than the 806?
Thanks again
Noddy

noddy if you go to stockport they might not have one on display and they wont let you cut some wood on one :? take the wife for a nice day out to see waka .but dont tell her were your going :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

frank

Noddy

I didn't go for the sliding table, not becasue of price but partly becasue of room and the need, I can comfprtably slice an 8' x 4' sheet without the need for a sliding table.

What you must appreciate is that the 807 covers a lot of floor space, not so much the machine foot print but the extention arms, this makes it 8 ft long.

The reason I went for the 807 was the ability of the 4" cutting capability which I have already used. Also Philly the Mod has the 806 and I didn't want to be seen cpoying him, even though he's a woodkateer. :D :D

Where abouts are you in kent?

Waka thanks again. I live near Tonbridge in Kent.
Frank your point about not being able to cut some wood at Stockport is a good one but I'm not sure dragging my wife down to Weymouth so I can play with a table saw would necessarily be the right course of action.
I don't suppose anyone wants to over pay for a Sedgwick TA 315 so I can help fund this little venture do they?

noddy tell her its a romantic weekend and she might just buy you the 807 :shock: :lol: :lol:

frank

Back