Xcalibur 805

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

Just been directed to this forum by Woodford as I'm contemplating the purchase of an Xcalibur 805.

I've had a nose round at the info available here - wow! but I have one question that I can't find an answer to: can anyone tell me the front to back dimension of the 805 with rails assembled - i.e. what is the minimum width doorway it will pass through?

TIA

Doozer

Hi Dozzer

Cant answer your question directly, I do like the Xcalibur saw I own (804)

I do wonder about Woodford directing people to this forum though...

My general view after reading all the Xcalibur stuff is that everyone loves the saws, but are less convinced about the service from Woodford. I myself was happy enough with the deal I received on both saw and delivery. My only slight gripe is that the pulley was damaged in transit, I called Woodford who were really helpful and said I would be sernt a new pulley.

It never arrived. Couple of emails to chase with no response.

Woodford also directed me here, although I had already stumbled in previously, and told me that this forum had a member with an Xcalibur saw who was 'our very own Norm in the UK'

I wonder who that could be?!?!?! :)

Dozzer

Welcome to the forum.

Can't help you with the 805 dimensions, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

It does seem strange that Woodford should direct potential customers to this site instead of giving the information direct.
One reason could be that write up's and recommendastions from satified customers is a good selling angle.

Let us know what you purchase.

Waka":2gk8l1hs said:
It does seem strange that Woodford should direct potential customers to this site instead of giving the information direct.

I thought the same

Welcome Doozer

:D Hi dozzer i have an 802 i think its its about the same size as the Xcalibur 805 if you just have the basic saw without the wings is about 21"(53cm) wide and about 36"high (91cm) but with all the rails motor and wings from front to back is 45"(114.cm) and 50" (127cm) side to side i would put t on a mobile base if you want to move it around it is heavy but i must admit it is a lovery saw you haven't put a location but do try and look at one before hand if i can be any more help let me know

martyn :D

Franks your man for this one as he's got a 805....he'll be able to give you an exact measurement

I'm sure he'll be along shortly :D

Welcome to the forum BTW

Cheers

hi doozer the 805 when set up is 132 cm x82 cm thats from the back rail to the front of the sliding table .
will you be moving the saw from one room to the next ?or will you be using it on site work ,when you get them they are sort of flat packed and you have to assemble them .
if i was to get another it wouldent be the 805 i have never used the table i would go for the 804 like nailers .
two more things you will need are a freud blade and a link belt .
ps tell them frank from runcorn said hi .

frank

pps nice jig kev :wink: :wink:

Hi all,

Thanks for all replies and welcome messages - this certainly seems to be a lively and friendly forum.

Frank,

Thanks for the dimensions, I need to store my saw in one area and use it in another, hence the mention of doorway. One thing puzzles me still: from the phots of Nailers 805, it looks as though the motor sticks out beyond the back of the table - is this included in your 82 dimension, or is the 805 different?

Sorry to keep on, but Manchester is a long way from Sussex, and anyway Woodford tell me that they don't have an assembled one to view!

Thanks again,

Doozer.

hi doozer i hope your door way is a wide one from the motor to the front of the sliding table it is 112 cm or 44 inchs i have the 805 nailer has the 804.
the saw is a heavy thing so make sure you put some strong wheels on its trolley .

frank

Hi Frank, Thanks for those numbers, and yes, I was thinking of moving the saw from one room to another, but the amount the motor sticks out will not permit that, so more devious plans may be needed.
So a few more questions, if I may try your patience further:-
Am I right in assuming that the motor rises/falls and tilts with the arbor, and is this true for both the 804 & 805?
Considering your earlier post regarding the sliding table, what are the advantages of the 804 that justify it extra cost?

Needless to say, I would dearly like to examine one - has anyone relatively near to Sussex got one that I might look at???

Many Thanks

Doozer

doozer the 802 & 804 &805 are the same saws its just the end tables that are differant the 802 has pressed steel tables ,the 804 has cast iron and the 805 has one cast iron on the right and an aluminium sliding table on the left .
the prices when i got my saw went from the 802 then the 804 and the 805 ,i dont know if the 804 costs more than the 805 now .
the motor tilts with the blade and the rise and fall is a couple of inches .
take a look at nailers photo's if you are going to be moving the saw dont get the sliding table it will damage very easily ,the 802 will be a bit lighter to move .

will you be knocking a bit out of the wall for the motor to go through :D :D :lol: .

frank

Does the motor on these TSs not just lift off by releasing 2 finger pins? Most US style contractor saws do so.

Noel

Hi Doozer welcome to the forum.

I am a chuffed 804 owner and it does not take five minutes to drop the motor off and less than ten to re install, one wing nut to take belt guard off and a allen key to undo two grub screws.

I thought one difference between 804 & 805 as well as table extensions was the fence and rails being a bessemer look alike as in my avator ?

Picture of rear with motor
http://premium1.uploadit.org/Llangatwgnedd//s9ilver.JPG

Hi all - Once again, thanks for all replies and phot (Sawdust Producer). The idea that the motor might be easily removeable is food for thought, and may solve my problem, depending upon how much of the motor mount is left sticking out when the motor is removed. Meanwhile I have been looking at the Record TSPP250. It can't take a you-know-what cutter, but the dust extraction is well organised and I like the pull saw facility - any other comments?
Cheers, Doozer

Doozer":273llpic said:
Hi all - Once again, thanks for all replies and phot (Sawdust Producer). The idea that the motor might be easily removeable is food for thought, and may solve my problem, depending upon how much of the motor mount is left sticking out when the motor is removed. Meanwhile I have been looking at the Record TSPP250. It can't take a you-know-what cutter, but the dust extraction is well organised and I like the pull saw facility - any other comments?
Cheers, Doozer

Check with DW, I think thats what he bought, not sure if he was happy with it.

frank":65s9j2vv said:
hi doozer the 805 when set up is 132 cm x82 cm thats from the back rail to the front of the sliding table .
will you be moving the saw from one room to the next ?or will you be using it on site work ,when you get them they are sort of flat packed and you have to assemble them .
if i was to get another it wouldent be the 805 i have never used the table i would go for the 804 like nailers .
two more things you will need are a freud blade and a link belt .
ps tell them frank from runcorn said hi .

frank

pps nice jig kev :wink: :wink:

hi frank this is my first message i am thinking about an 805 but affter reading the messages from this lot i am unsure should i go for another make ? i can pick it up if that changes anything appart from how heavy my wallet will be after going to there shop. thanks i really need the help from anyone who knows anything about this.

bramers :?:

Hi bramers,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I don't have an Xcalibur but I do have a cast iron table saw, one of my best ebay buys. =D>

Bramers

Welcome to the forum.

There are al ot of members with Xcalibar saws , myself I have the 807 which is one of my best buys. The 805 brigade will be along shortly I'm sure.

i am in such a pickel, please help me. i am a carpentry and joinery student and have built my own workshop i am tool/ wood crazy. i was going to buy the axminster bts10pp for £230 but then dan holton sent me an email saying that woodford are the only coampany in the uk that you can fit a dado to. so now i am concidering saving up for an xcallibar 805 plus are they worth the wait.. do you think i should?

i live in horsham (sussex) if anyboady lives near and has one i would love to see it.

Back