Xcalibur 805

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bramers":hejrqv65 said:
That takes the fun out of them.
As opposed to dado heads which simply take the fingers out? :lol: That's one of the problems with dado heads in general, kickback. If/when someone comes up with a chip-limiter dado head this will be less of an issue (I believe that Scheppach/de Walt are working on this). But, until then in the absence of a riving knife to guard against the workpiece being pressed onto the rising cutters, they ain't going to be wonderfully safe to use. Quite frankly if you're only doing end of/back of panel rebates with a dodo head then a spindle moulder with a skew rebate block and a Shaw guard will run rings around any tooling you can stick on the sawbench.

Scrit

i have just came of the phone with woodford about an 805, the chap on the phone was really helpfull (i take it that they all are) and he gave me some really good advice and info about the saw, surprisingly they were unaware that the picture on the web is not the current model, anyway he said he is going to speak the the web desighner and have it changed, but he said the prices are right.

just an update

bramers

i checked the stopping time on my 805 with the link belt fitted ,single blade took 7 secs to stop ,the full freud dado set took 12 secs ,if its of use to enyone .

frank

Back