XCALIBUR 10" Table Saw on ebay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other point to note is they have marked the product as no returns or refunds! Better to buy from their retail outlet and keep the protection.

They may say 'no returns or refunds' but I am not so sure that they can apply that lawfully - Sale of Goods Act must still apply. FWIW.

Cheers,

Trev.

Long Distance selling agreements abound...

If they are a retail outlet selling via ebay, I think they would certainly find it hard to not replace or refund.

Saying that, I am still waiting for my replacement pulley wheel for the motor that was damaged.

3 calls now, nada. Shall go and buy my own upgrade from somewhere...

Hmm, glad I saw this thread.
Xcalibur was on my short list, but if the after sales is poor I'll avoid woodford. Thanks for the heads up :)

max_depth":26a7uxu0 said:
Hmm, glad I saw this thread.
Xcalibur was on my short list, but if the after sales is poor I'll avoid woodford. Thanks for the heads up :)
My Scheppach 2500ci is not bad, I insisted the supplier built up the machine for me before delivery, (£70 extra) however I did find that the blade was not truly parallel to the mitre slot. Could have insisted this was put right, but softened as everything else seems running nicely.

Max

I do like the saw though and they were very helpful when I was putting my order together.

I wouldnt discount just on my one situation. I think others have found them to be great.

Just wanted to balance that up a bit, because I do love my Xcalibre saw.

martyn2":22l632gw said:
biglouie":22l632gw said:
3 calls now, nada. Shall go and buy my own upgrade from somewhere...

try these guys I pick the link up from a post by Noal

http://www.wyko.co.uk/

Martyn :D

Martyn

You dont have the thread link do you. Would be useful if someone has already picked up an aftrer market pulley for the same saw.

Thx

Hi BigLouie
OK, I take on board that you still like the saw. But for me, good service before the sale is almost meaningless. These days I find too many companies that bend over backwards when they are trying to get your money, then don't want to know you afterwards.
One of the factors that might have pursuaded me to stretch my budget to an Xcalibur would be the thought that it would pay off in the long term with excellent support for the life of the saw. But if they won't even replace components that were damaged on arrival, they aren't my kind of people.
I hope things work out for you. If they do come through with the pulley, it might make me reconsider.
Cheers
Max

max_depth":u4sce6dx said:
Hi BigLouie
OK, I take on board that you still like the saw. But for me, good service before the sale is almost meaningless. These days I find too many companies that bend over backwards when they are trying to get your money, then don't want to know you afterwards.
One of the factors that might have pursuaded me to stretch my budget to an Xcalibur would be the thought that it would pay off in the long term with excellent support for the life of the saw. But if they won't even replace components that were damaged on arrival, they aren't my kind of people.
I hope things work out for you. If they do come through with the pulley, it might make me reconsider.
Cheers
Max

Max

When my Xcalibar arrived it also had a damaged part, got on the phone to them and got a replacement no problem at all.

Back