WW shops in Birmingham area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Folks,

Saturday, I will be finding myself at a loose end around Birmingham - specifically, NEC/motorcycle museum area, and would welcome some pointers towards some drool-worthy ww shops in the area, where I can kill some time while waiting for t'other half to finish her stuff...hand tools prefered, but a festool reseller could tempt too :)

Any pointers....please post! (else I'll have to resort to causing traffic jams on spaghetti junction)

Cheers,
Esp

I cannot think of any around there ESP, still I'm not local maybe there will be a native along soon.

Bean

You could try Price's in the City Centre. Never having been there myself, I don't know the exact address but I think it's the biggest in the area. Alternatively, there's a Machine Mart on the right of the A45 (Coventry Road) as you head into Birmingham from the NEC.

Rather than cause a traffic jam, why not pop into the Jewellery Quarter (it's signposted) and have a look at some of the fine tools that you can use for delicate woodwork. I'm thinking fretsaw blades here, in particular.

Of course, The National Motorbike Museum opposite the NEC is due to re-open soon (indeed, I believe it may already have re-opened) so why not pay a visit there instead of contributing to the motorway madness that already strangles Brum?

Yours

Gill

I have no idea how far it is from where you will be but the Black Country Museum is worth a visit, they have a hardware shop I wanted to buy half the widow display from. :roll:

Cheers for the pointers so far - the jewellery quarter sounds interesting - piercing saw blades could be on the shopping list...

In actual fact, the motorcycle museum is why we're going to be there - got a 'do' there in the evening, but t'other half has a load of work to do there during the day.

If it's handtools your after try Toolman on the A45 Coventry Road, Yardley. It's about half a mile from the Swan underpass as you travel into city from the NEC. I have never known them to be beaten on price. I paid £45 for a new boxed stanley Number 6 plane to give you and idea of prices.

mudman":1xr2caos said:
I'm worrying about you Dave.

Well just as long as someone is. :wink:

As you will of noticed my spelling takes after Pooh Bear, is good but it wobbles. :roll:

And of course the spell checker lets me post total rubbish without a peep. :shock:

Bean":1xr2caos said:
Its those dried frog pill he takes :wink: he's OD'd again :wink:

And there was me about to double the dose :lol:

Back