WW Books Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
With a Birthday and Christmas coming up my daughters have asked me what I want.

The long list of tools was rejected as being to expensive, I've obviously brought them up without my expensive tastes. So I I thought that WW books would make an ideal present, but for the life of me I don't know what would be really useful.

All advice greatfully accepted

I have been very impressed with any of the Taunton books that I have bought or flicked through in the bookshops, particularly their "Complete Illustrated Guide to..." range and the "The Best of Fine Woodworking" range. They have a special offer (30% off) on some of those at the moment here. A 3-year subscription to Fine Woodworking magazine was one of the more rewarding presents I have been given in the past.

Other books that I have liked are:
- Understanding Wood
- The Bandsaw Book
- Router: Methods of Work
- Woodworking with the router (the latest copy of this has plans for a nice fence for a router table, as well as for a router table - I have the old version and built my router table based on the plans in that).

It is worth checking elsewhere other than the sites I link to above though, as the prices tend to vary a lot from place to place.

:D hi waka B&Q in poole (expecte all of them are doing them) books range from making toy to furniture I got one on sharpening stones etc scrol pattens wood turning. they range from £8.00 to £16.00 I hope to pick one up a month. :D

matyn

Latest posts

Back