WP150 PLANER FOR SALE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there i am selling my axminster wp150 planer/jointer it is in mint condition only reason i am selling it is to fund a bigger jet planer with the wider bed.
I think £145 o.n.o is reasonable or £130 o.n.o collected from birmingham can be seen working if collected comes with user manual and a push pad.

Hi BTR,

A couple of points, saying where the machine is would help people with their decision and using all upper case is considered to be SHOUTING, you will get a better response if you don't do that.

Come on Dave why be pedantic? All he wants to do is sell a machine. I don't give a flying f*** how it is worded, if I want the machine I'll respond. Internet etiquette doesn't really come into it.

Phil

PS. I don't even want to mention that the poster may be dyslexic or have some other form of disability

filsgreen":1ykfqefd said:
PS. I don't even want to mention that the poster may be dyslexic or have some other form of disability

I think you just did?!

filsgreen":23u9qts7 said:
Well I am a border line dyslexic and find all capitals much harder to read, apart from it being rude.

Phil I think Dave (as a mod) is well within his right to advise a user on their etiquette. I for one have not read the OP's text because it's in horrible shouty capitals.

I AM Dyslexic and I see no excuse for putting caps lock on to type a message.

Apologies Dave. On reflection, or more importantly sober :oops: , it appears that I overreacted to your advice. The point I was trying to make at the time is that we are more tolerant of others mistakes, or lack of Internet etiquette. You were, but at the time I didn't think so.

Phil.

You lot have obviously got too much time on your hands, let it go!
Get up the workshop and chill out, it's the long Easter weekend.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Writing in capitals is considered shouting well first i have heard off that but what do you do if it is a habit i write letters in capitals and on other boards without any problems but i apologise and will next time post with the caps off

BTR

Don't get over sensitive about it, people have now advised you so hopefully you can improve your communication. I am surprised if you frequent other forums that nobody mentioned it. Alot of forums even make a point of noting this in their terms.

It is however very difficult to read a post that is just capital letters (if i see a post like this that is more than one paragraph I generally don't bother reading it), I have never worked out quite why people do this. They are not taught to write this way and I can only think they do it because it is extra work to hold the correct keys down.

Cheers

Mav

Hi

am i missing something here is his post in capitals, or has it been edited

shouting is only considered shouting if the hole post is in capitals i cant seen that :?: This guy only has 11 posts not the best way of keeping a newish member is it. hc

I will try and put some pics up later not sure how old it is i am the second owner i have had it a couple off months but it has had very little use and is a great little machine

Back