WOW! and "OH GOLLY GOSH"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
As many will attest, it's not often that I find myself lost for words, but below is a "cut & paste" of the header from an E-mail that I found in my In Box today:

QUOTE: :SPAMVERDAECHTIG: WOW! Male Automatic Masturbator Vibrator $10.99, UNQUOTE:

Now just BEFORE you all rush in, following the advice given here several times, I ONLY use "Duck & Go" for internet searches these days, "nuffink else, 'onest injuns!" Ain't ever searched anywhere for "materials of that ilk"!

This spam message (that's what the first German word in the title means) comes from Banggood in China whose site I've only visited once or twice before for metal lathe tooling (collets, drills, etc, etc), nothing else!

So unless my good lady has been messing with my internet access and has been trying to tell me something indirectly, I just wonder "WIHIH" (= What in Hell is Happening).

I'm sure I shan't sleep soundly tonight just wondering .......................... :confused:

You've been rumbled, I suggest you send 3 emails to your closest friends stating "We have been discovered, flea immediately" then see who doesn't turn up for the next billiards game. :)

If you have searched for anything to do with sanding on the BG site you may have got this due to that as a lot of the chinese makers translate sanders as vibrator machine

I ordered a mitre gauge on Banggood a couple of days ago. I had never even visited the site before I didn't have any confidence in it, until someone on here posted they had used it.

Today they sent me a promo email and just below the tools and hardware section was the item mentioned above.

But even in the 21 century, I believe some things are still best done by hand. :)

If you can't beat them, join them. don't knock it till, you've tried it.
then beat it, don't knock it, that sounds painful.

On a more sensible sanding note - my much (much, much, much) used B&Q 1/2 sheet sander died during lockdown (in the midst of stripping a house-worth of 1930s internal doors - doh!) so I ended up ordering a replacement from Amazon from a make called TACK Life.

I'd never heard of them, and was fearing the worst but it was pretty much all I could get without spending silly money, but I'm quite impressed for a relatively budget purchase.

Here is the first in a series of videos from Dennis of "Hooked on Wood" where he reviews tools available from Banggood.

Had another email from Banggood today, said item further reduced to $7.50.

On a more sensible sanding note - my much (much, much, much) used B&Q 1/2 sheet sander died during lockdown (in the midst of stripping a house-worth of 1930s internal doors - doh!) so I ended up ordering a replacement from Amazon from a make called TACK Life.

I'd never heard of them, and was fearing the worst but it was pretty much all I could get without spending silly money, but I'm quite impressed for a relatively budget purchase.
Tacklife is an amazon company, set up to make stuff with good quality and low (er) prices. You can google it for more info.
I have a tacklife multitester and a tacklife wire stripper. They are both very well made.

Back