Would you believe it !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
Well my wife was in the kitchen when I heard bang then" of blast,"(or words to that effect)
Ran out to see her laying on the floor so got her up then noticed her right arm looked a bit strange so of to a&e where they sent us to xray they confirmed she has broken the bone between elbow and shoulder well that was three hours gone for ever ,they said she would need an op so she stayed in hospital over night the next day rang first thing nurse said she is nil by mouth so op should be soon so went to get some shopping got back at 12.45 rang again this time nurse oh no op so you can come and get her, goes back to hospital then we had to wait nearly 3 hours for discharge papers ,more of my life I have lost.
Well now they are saying it may well heal on its own but if it does not we will operate (it was out of alinement) and plate it or pin it so nearly Christmas she is surposed to go back in a week for check up (which will be Christmas day) so now we are wondering when she will have to go back .
Pip

Bad luck Pip, looks like you'll lose a few more hours cooking the Christmas dinner. I broke my arm in the same place when I fell off a ladder and they told me it would heal on its own. Six weeks in a sling and it did heal but getting a good night's sleep was another thing. Learning to do things with just one working arm makes you realise what those army casualties go through but they're never going to get the use back!

Condolences to the wife and time for a bit of TLC.

Regards Keith

Back