worst operator award goes to.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can hear it struggling, and he carries on, what a dick head.

Pete

jimi43":2hujr0v7 said:
Anyone else shout NOOOOO!!!! halfway through or was it just me!?

:oops:

Jimi
Nope, me too Jim. Because, as any decent woodworker knows, you use ya todger to remove such obstructions..... fingers are far too valuable to us to risk for things like that.

:roll:

I was waiting for the flapping T-shirt to catch in the blades. That could have fulfilled Studders' suggestion too.

But how many novices will assume that that is normal practice?

Playing devils advocate here, but apart from putting his fingers in the dust port (probably not that near the blade) and slightly overloading the plane what did he really do wrong?
He had a firm grip on it at all times...

being too agressive, basically showing no skill, or knowledge of the tool hes using.

god knows why or what the video is of.

Wow - I'm the "bloke" who posted this video. Got something to say? Say it to my face, don't hide behind some website.

Look on my subscription list - I have maybe 30 videos in total. I've been working with wood for 40 years, I do it professionally and make quite a nice living from it. You arm chair quarterbacks need to get a life - safety is a very important component of my work and at my school. I do it every day, have taught classes for going on 20 years, and make a full time living at it. What's your claim to fame, besides criticizing someone else's technique?

Please.... I'd like to see your body of work for the last 30 years.

Oh, and by the way - I'm not a bloke. I'm a female who reads idiotic postings like yours and wonders if you ever actually make something, instead about tinkering all day and criticizing other's work.

Really - I'd expect more from you "blokes".

Sorry, when you criticize my work - you better be able to back it up. Shoot, I'm just guessing half of you are missing a digit, as well as a few brain cells. Good luck with that. LOL

Hi, Really?

I still think you don't show any sympathy for the tool you are using or your heath.

Just what are you making or trying to demonstrate in that video?

Pete

Who has all his fingers

Really?":3gq307bc said:
- Got something to say? Say it to my face, don't hide behind some website.

Right gents, form an orderly queue..

Where to start? Hmm.. how about "safety is a very important component of my work" - Really? - an unguarded radial arm saw with no dust extraction, safe? And as for the trick with the digit and the planer - priceless.

Honestly, some of the most pointless and least informative woodworking videos I've seen. I mean, what exactly is the guy with the planer even trying to achieve?

Been doing it for 30 years eh? - ever heard the phrase "familiarity breeds contempt"?

Hi Really? - welcome to the forum - don't take it too seriously mate, what you do and how you do it is up to you.
However I think we are a little more on the cautious side when it comes to power tool safety this side of the pond. The one topic that seems to get us cringing in our arm chair workshops is the practice of working without a blade guard or riving knife on tablesaws, something which is, or at least appears to be considered the norm State side.

As far as missing a digit goes, I'm sure there are some here who are down to 9 or less fingers from working wood, but in comparison with fellow woodworkers in the USA suffering the same loss I am confident to state we suffer less injuries through safer working practices here. I forget the exact figure off hand (pardon the pun) but something like 9 US citizens a day lose fingers or suffer serious harm from tool misuse. I read this on a US medical website in the recent past, I'm sure someone will provide us with the relevant and exact details of US fingers lost in a day.

Chin up old girl, keep calm and carry on, what.

Really?":cgrd4ef3 said:
Wow - I'm the "bloke" who posted this video. Got something to say? Say it to my face, don't hide behind some website............. Good luck with that. LOL

40 years? Your 'outburst' is more what I'd expect from a 15 year old.
As for 'saying it to your face' , that's kinda difficult what with a few miles and a bit water in the way isn't it? Were I standing next to you at the time though I most certainly would point out that sticking your fingers inside a planer might not be a good idea, but then, after 40 years, I would have thought you might have known that.

Latest posts

Back