Worlds smallest woodturner discovered :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myturn

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
This turner, seen making a dinner plate, is only 6" tall but appearances can be deceptive and he appears to be working in a full sized "shed" which is actually a miniature replica :shock:

wallhangings_photos_from_brochure_005.jpg

http://www.pacrafts.org/2009/07/member-monday-david-barkby/

Jonzjob":2oz2hj8m said:
If that thing either let go or came off then not having a visor would be the very least of his problems?

My tongue was firmly in my cheek Jon LOL. It seemed almost daft having it on looking at the speed he has that thing going at.

Pete

Tounge in cheek here to Pete :mrgreen:

I don't think I would go anywhere near anything that had that much of a mechanical advantage whether I were 2" tall or not :shock: :shock: If you did get a good catch I think there would be a new air-con hole in the roof :oops: :oops:

I was wondering just what it is? If you think along the lines of wood speed under the tool there's going to be a hell of a difference turning the centre and the rim?

I'll stick to my big stuff, about 14" diameter!

The biggest thing I have turned was 26" diameter and even that had a big difference between the rim speed and the inner speed. I had that on a face plate with 98 screws for safety but then decided to turn the other side and had it on a recess. I freely admit to being a bit nervous LOL. Doing something like that 10' one I think I'd wear brown trousers for sure. LOL

Pete

What the heck kind of lathe can handle that? Not my Chinese Perform, that's for sure....

Back