Worktop radius?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only difference between jigs I have seen is that some cut the mitre as a crisp angle, others cut it as a slight curve. Obviously, if the previous top was cut as a crisp angle (which is most likely) and the current jig cuts a slight curve, problems will ensue.

Ray.

Aragorn":g8s2ug7v said:
No, they're not. The jig just mitres the radius part regardless of its size.
If you are joining two worktops with different radius roundovers they will not meet very well. If the two lengths that you are joining are the same, then it will be fine.

I think this is the answer I was looking for. I am going to practice today on some scraps had a go last night and the jig slipped so wasnt amused better luck today.
Thanks very much for all your comments very much appreciated.
Well impressed with your garage set up Argee if you are online line this evening I will let you know how I get on.

All went well with the mitre joint had to pack out the pegs to cut the female joint because of the smaller radii. Got a nice close joint that I am very happy with now onto the next part of the kitchen a bit less stressfull i hope.
Thanks for all your comments.
Phil

philpolish":2ibxaf5g said:
All went well with the mitre joint had to pack out the pegs to cut the female joint because of the smaller radii. Got a nice close joint

Well, I thought I knew a bit about worktop cutting, but you've completely lost me there

John

I'm inclined to agree guys - I am totally lost on this one. Phil, I reckon you owe it to us all to provide a picture matey... :wink: We are all blind men groping in a sea of identical but differing radii :lol:

philpolish":183rrmnd said:
ok a few pics to follow as soon as i work out how to post them.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address, and then send 'em to me as attachments, and I'll host them if you like.

Adam

Back