Worktop offcut ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesH94

Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a few wooden worktop offcuts and don't want to throw them away. Anyone have any ideas what I can do/make out of them? Alternatively, does anyone want them? Quite thick worktops and no idea what I can do with them and really don't want to throw them away!
Worktops are different sizes (cant seem to attach photos due to file size)

JamesH94":2ftc5mxc said:
Hi everyone, got a few wooden worktop offcuts and don't want to throw them away. Anyone have any ideas what I can do/make out of them? Alternatively, does anyone want them? Quite thick worktops and no idea what I can do with them and really don't want to throw them away!
Worktops are different sizes (cant seem to attach photos due to file size)

router table?

what types are they- wooden stave type, chipboard, etc. are you looking to make items, or use for benches, jigs etc?

When I finished installing the oak tops in my kitchen I kept the offcut from the sink and wide hob as well as the bit I chopped off of one end. Eventually I used one for a surface mounted sink in one ensuite and put a nice arc on the front and then used another for a little bathroom cupboard worktop. The cupboard was like £40 quid from wherever and that little bit of top makes a nice surface for in there even if its only 60 wide and 35 deep.

I still have bits left with an idea of making a chopping board but I've not plucked up the courage to start yet.

I've made a few chopping boards, but they tend to be on the heavy side for normal every day use. I did make some simple sconce lights by ripping down a walnut 40x40 stave top (pic is oak but you get the idea):

45a941e1e733fba3e29ff364e405ebfe.jpg

Back