Worktop Jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
As there seemed to be a bit of interest in how these were used, I've knocked up an article which describes the most common use - a ninety degree joint.

The article, which is in the form of a web page, can be viewed here

I hope it helps / removes some confusion / sets minds at rest, etc. :)

For those that might be interested, I created the drawings with Xara X, which was then used to export them as transparent .gifs each 500px wide.

Ray.

Roger

Thanks a bunch for that write up on the jig. I've never tackled that job to date but you never know what's round the corner, you made it so easy to understand.

I also took a look at your workshopo, very impressive and it was good to see anither Ryobi BT 3000 owner. Mine will soon be on its way to Cambourne Pete, so a second opinion on its performance wouldn't be a bad thing. I notice you were missing the dado blade in your selection?

i've always wondered how Worktop Jigs work. Thanks Ray!

Neil

I used Xara in the early '90s and it is very good. I lost interest in it when Corel took over and it became similar to a cut down version of CorelDraw (which I also used) but I believe that they are now independent once again.

It is not up to the likes of CorelDraw or Illustrator but is a fantastic piece of software that was very reasonably priced when I last used it.

Back