Workstand for small Inca bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone

I recently got hold of an Inca 260 bandsaw and I’ve used it to trim down a few short lengths of timber however due to lack of a work stand I’ve so far been using it on the floor which is far from ideal.

Do any of you guys have any plans or suggestions for the best way to make a stand for it? Ideally I’ll need it on castors so I can manoeuvre it when working on longer lengths and also ideally I’d have foldable tables each side which can be raised so they are level with the bed to support longer work pieces.Haven’t got enough room in my workshop to have them permanently fixed.

Does this sound like a good idea? Would you use mortise and tenons for the frame underneath? It doesn’t need to be anything fancy, I just need it to be sturdy!

Cheers
Pete

I put my Inca bandsaw on one of these: Record Power BS250AW Stand and Wheelkit for BS250 Record Power BS250AW Stand and Wheelkit for BS250 : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools (incidentally this looks a good price).

You would need to make a little worktop to fit it as the stand is lined up for the base of the Record bandsaw.

This is the only picture I can find right now:
2B6127FC-F42B-4E72-A186-C4C5F9115980.jpeg

For the top I used an offcut of kitchen worktop (you don’t have to bevel the lipping to match the shape of the stand! but this just happens to match the top for my Inca planer stand).

I also added a shelf that just sits on the middle braces (have to make this in two parts to get it in).

It works really well and suits the machine.

Cheers

….and also ideally I’d have foldable tables each side which can be raised so they are level with the bed to support longer work pieces.Haven’t got enough room in my workshop to have them permanently fixed.

I don’t think this is necessary - when I need support for a longer piece, I just rig up a box on a workmate or something, or a stack of systainers. I do have a removable extension table for my big bandsaw, but I think anything attached to the Inca would get in the way.

Cheers

Thanks to you both for the replies. I hadn’t thought of using worktop so that’s a really good idea thanks.

Rather than folding tables you could use roller stands as & when required. I believe Record Tools do offers on a pair from time to time.

Latest posts

Back