Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick irlam

Reaction score
Need help setting up my workshop, I'm trying to work out what main brands to go for?
Looking at record,charnwood and sip. They all look similar.
Looking at 10 by 7 planne,10 inch table saw, drill press etc
An help should be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Some more details would help in making recommendations mate...what's your budget, how big is your workspace and what are your intentions for your workshop? You will find loads of help here, but best to provide as much info as possible.

Trying to get the main bits of kit ,table saw, planner thicknesser, band saw. i have other kit as i work for myself.. well to be honest im a tool nut !!! went mad on the 14% off deal at rutlands this week!! I'm trying to get the best i can. garge is 8.5m long by 4.8 m wide and is detached from the house with singe phase. im going to be making bespoke furniture, doors, staircase etc. getting asked for this through my building/joinery side of the bussiness but have to sub it out because i'm not setup. I,m willing to spend to get it right,budget is a £2000/3000 ish but can go up a bit. Its not going to be used every day so i need to draw a line somewhere.

nick irlam":squd4qxq said:
Trying to get the main bits of kit ,table saw, planner thicknesser, band saw. i have other kit as i work for myself.. well to be honest im a tool nut !!! went mad on the 14% off deal at rutlands this week!! I'm trying to get the best i can. garge is 8.5m long by 4.8 m wide and is detached from the house with singe phase. im going to be making bespoke furniture, doors, staircase etc. getting asked for this through my building/joinery side of the bussiness but have to sub it out because i'm not setup. I,m willing to spend to get it right,budget is a £2000/3000 ish but can go up a bit. Its not going to be used every day so i need to draw a line somewhere.

Have you thought about the fact that you would be running a business from home etc? The extra cost implications?

Back